Proof of PR application

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of PR application

I'm applying to extend my work permit which expires soon, and to extend it, I need to show proof that I have sent in my Permanent Residency application. CIC have said they wont acknowledge that they have received the application for 8-10 weeks. My work permit will have expired in that time.

Does anyone else know what else I can use as proof my application has been sent? Mailing receipt or fee payment receipt? Any of them do?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of PR application

Forms of proof:
  • Fee receipt
  • Delivery receipt (if you used a courier)
  • Any communication from CIC (AOR, sponsor approval)
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

I thought they only accepted an AOR for things like a Bridging Open Work Permit?

This is a question I've always had on my mind, what are you supposed to do if they're going to take weeks to even acknowledge receipt and your current permit ends in the meantime.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Perfect, thank you
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

My work permit isnt open, i'm still restricted to a company. But I have been nominated, and got told I cant extend my work permit until I have applied for PR
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Forms of proof:
  • Fee receipt
  • Delivery receipt (if you used a courier)
  • Any communication from CIC (AOR, sponsor approval)

1. Sorry, none of the above. You require the official AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from CIC before you are eligible for a BOWP, if you are in status as a worker and your present TWP expires within 4 months.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Sorry, none of the above. You require the official AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from CIC before you are eligible for a BOWP, if you are in status as a worker and your present TWP expires within 4 months.
The OP asked for forms that prove their application has been sent. The items I listed show that it has been delivered (the delivery receipt), paid (the fee receipt) and approved/received (AOR,SA).

Last edited by andrewbrit; Feb 2nd 2015 at 6:31 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:32 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
The OP asked for forms that their application has been sent. The items I listed show that it has been delivered (the delivery receipt), paid (the fee receipt) and approved/received (AOR,SA).
1. But if you read his question, s/he is apply to extend his work permit. The only category that I can think of that proof of PR application has been sent for a work permit extension is the BOWP. I may be wrong, but that is not unusual.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

1. But if you read his question, s/he is apply to extend his work permit. The only category that I can think of that proof of PR application has been sent for a work permit extension is the BOWP. I may be wrong, but that is not unusual.
Okay, but in my initial post I did say include AOR, which is exactly what you told the OP to include.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

mbgirlfriend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mbarrett23
I'm applying to extend my work permit which expires soon, and to extend it, I need to show proof that I have sent in my Permanent Residency application. CIC have said they wont acknowledge that they have received the application for 8-10 weeks. My work permit will have expired in that time.

Does anyone else know what else I can use as proof my application has been sent? Mailing receipt or fee payment receipt? Any of them do?

Any help would be much appreciated.
When did you send in your application for PR and what stream is your application under?

If you are a PNP nominee you may be able to get a WP based on that nomination. You may need a letter from the province that nominated you and a letter of employment from your employer. If you are a PNP applicant call the PNP office to ask them how to proceed.

If you do happen to get your AOR number before your WP runs out then you don't have to wait to apply online or by paper for your WP you can drive to the border and they can issue you a WP as long as you have the right documentation.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mbgirlfriend
When did you send in your application for PR and what stream is your application under?

If you are a PNP nominee you may be able to get a WP based on that nomination. You may need a letter from the province that nominated you and a letter of employment from your employer. If you are a PNP applicant call the PNP office to ask them how to proceed.

If you do happen to get your AOR number before your WP runs out then you don't have to wait to apply online or by paper for your WP you can drive to the border and they can issue you a WP as long as you have the right documentation.
I was nominated by the province before I came to Canada with a job offer. SINP stated that I was needed urgently to start work before I received PR. I landed in Canada on 15th December 2014, and applied for a work permit at the POE. The officer decided to only give me a work permit that expired on the expiry date on my nomination. This is May 10th, so I was not happy having to pay $155 for only 5 months work permit. The officer said that when I have sent in my PR application, I can apply to extend my work permit.

I have later learned that she should have given me a 2 year work permit as a nominee.

I have only sent in my PR application today, and its worrying to have to wait 8-10 weeks for AOR, then a potential 38 day wait for my work permit extension.