Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of living together for married couple in Canada

Proof of living together for married couple in Canada

Old Mar 17th 2022, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

msmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of living together for married couple in Canada

Hello! I am the sponsor and my husband is the PA. He is currently in Canada on an IEC visa (from the UK) that is valid until September 23rd of this year. We're finally getting ready to submit our inland sponsorship application with the OWP.

I'm wondering if proof of cohabitation is important for a married couple to provide. For a few reasons, the only proof we really have is mail addressed to us individually (no jointly addressed mail) and our provincial ID cards. While we're listed as 'witnesses' on our current rental agreement, my brother and sister-in-law are the only primary applicants on the lease, as we share the home with them.

I want to ensure we are sending everything needed, but I am worried we don't have enough proof that we're living together beyond the I.Ds and separate mail. Will this be an issue? We have plenty of proof of communication, photos of us when we were long distance, photos from our wedding, letters from friends and family, and my work insurance listing him as my primary beneficiary.

Thank you in advance!