Proof of Language Proficiency

Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough
Default Proof of Language Proficiency

With the new FSW I was wondering if anyone knows if you after prove your language proficiency or if your education English transcript would be enough?

I am a British Citizen who has learn from an English school through out my childhood. Just seems a bit silly that I need to go to a third part company and pay them £xxx to tell me I am capable of understand English :S
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:25 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Language Proficiency

Anyone can come to the UK and anyone can study at an English school it does not mean that you understand written, spoken and can communicate in English. Therefore, to consider all applicants they had to bring in a system to cover everyone and so everyone is in the same boat so to speak.

You will need to book the IELT's exams and pass with the required amount to obtain the points required under the FSW visa stream. Follow the link below and that should give you an idea of the costs etc.

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/...FQjKtAodZ28ANA
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:34 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

You also may want to try searching this forum for other IELTS Threads, as I did a quick search and whole bunch came up. Its painless to search the forum and it gives you an overview of other peoples views on how to go about the IELTS, costs involved etc
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:23 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by optimadam
I am a British Citizen who has learn from an English school through out my childhood. Just seems a bit silly that I need to go to a third part company and pay them £xxx to tell me I am capable of understand English :S
Judging by this sentence you will need to take the test.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Judging by this sentence you will need to take the test.
I was thinking that as well, but resisted the urge to take the p<snip>ss

Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough

Do the CIC take in consideration people with dyslexia?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Do the CIC take in consideration people with dyslexia?
As long as you declare it before taking the test Im sure it will be taken into consideration. Im assuming you have been diagnosed with it as opposed to saying I think Im dyslexic.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I have a full Educational dyslexia assessment.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have a full Educational dyslexia assessment.
I suggest you present that at the test before you begin. CIC itself dont administer the test but should be made aware that you took it and suffer from dyslexia.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:00 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I suggest you present that at the test before you begin. CIC itself dont administer the test but should be made aware that you took it and suffer from dyslexia.
You have to tell them before you book the exam - special considerations CAN be made but they want to know a while in advance and will also require up to date proof.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Do/should I include this in my application for when apply for my FSW too?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do/should I include this in my application for when apply for my FSW too?
Yes I believe there is a section for medical issues/conditions.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:20 pm

I have dyslexia and IELTs test centre would only accept a medical certification to allow any dispensation regarding the test. I did not have a certificate as my diagnosis was back when I was high school when the condition was not really understood and no dispensation was given. Therefore I sat the IELTs as normal with everyone else and did just fine
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Mikeypm its the same with me. I am looking at getting diagnosed again so they will accept me for extra time. I find it is a bit annoying that they need an up to date report just in case we have magically been cured.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:45 am

Mikeypm its the same with me. I am looking at getting diagnosed again so they will accept me for extra time. I find it is a bit annoying that they need an up to date report just in case we have magically been cured.
Magically cured lol, to be honest I've worked hard to work round my dyslexia and well it's not really held me back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.