Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

proof of job advertising in Canada

Wikiposts

proof of job advertising in Canada

Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default proof of job advertising in Canada

Hi all, I have a job interview arranged in Ontario,as a welder, which is through a friend. I read an article in this forum stating that the employer must provide proof that he has been advertising locally, and throughout Canada for at least 3 months. Another article stated a glazing company only had to advertise for 7 days.Could anyone enlighten me on this subject, or is it just up to Service Canada, maybe dependent on how much of a shortage there is for your occupation. Cheers Mark
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Rich n Emma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: proof of job advertising in Canada

I'm not 100% on this but i believe that if the job is on the shortage list then the employer only needs to have advertised for the 7 days. I might be wrong mind you but it rings a bell from somewhere. Try looking at the jobs that would be elegible for PNP i reckon if its listed there then it is just the 7 days.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich n Emma
I'm not 100% on this but i believe that if the job is on the shortage list then the employer only needs to have advertised for the 7 days. I might be wrong mind you but it rings a bell from somewhere. Try looking at the jobs that would be elegible for PNP i reckon if its listed there then it is just the 7 days.
Ontario (which is where he's going) only has a pilot PNP which employers have to pre-apply for before they can nominate someone.

What OP should do is look at the list of occupations under pressure for Ontario.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Thanks for your replies,Although welding is an occupation under pressure in BC and Alberta, it is'nt in Ontario.I found this in cic web site. Quote,,, Employers wishing to hire foreign workers,for occupations that appear on a regional occupations list will only be required to conduct minimum advertising efforts( minimum 7 days in job bank),rather than the more comprehensive recruitment effort( 2 TO 3 WEEKS ) normally required under the program. So I suppose that answers my question.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:24 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Also remember that in advertised nationally job "terms and conditions must be sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians" - in simple language it means that stated in the advertising salary must be in the mid to mid-high bracket of salaries paid for the same position in the same area. And then employer must document why Canadians responding to the ad are not suitable for the position. Also remember that employer must be in business for at least past 12 months and have other full time employees for the same period and be able to prove it. Just in case you didn't know it.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew,I am attending a few interviews,in which some companies are constantly advertising,and have employed foriegn workers before, so my friends company is not the only option, but your information is very helpful, and I will make sure he knows all the requirements. Cheers Mark