Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of income when sponsoring parents?

Proof of income when sponsoring parents?

Old Oct 28th 2014, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

bcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nice
Default Proof of income when sponsoring parents?

I think I already know the answer to this, but I am hoping I might be wrong
Is income assessed only through CRA notices of assessment? Or is there another way to prove you meet the income requirements for the prior 3 years? Really want to sponsor my parents as soon as the application process re-opens (assuming 2015) but I am short by 1 year of assessments! Although I did have PR status for the year in question and I am able to evidence income outside of Canada. So frustrating, will need to wait till 2016 I think
Old Oct 28th 2014, 6:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of income when sponsoring parents?

Originally Posted by bcmama
Although I did have PR status for the year in question and I am able to evidence income outside of Canada. So frustrating, will need to wait till 2016 I think
Evidence of income outside Canada wouldn't count anyway, as it must be from Canadian sources.

Hence the need for the Option C printout's I'm afraid. If you don't have the minimum of 3 years from Canadian income, you'd have to wait another year to sponsor.

HTH.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

bcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nicebcmama is just really nice

Thanks, I did know the answer but thanks for confirming.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcmama
Thanks, I did know the answer but thanks for confirming.
No probs. From your post it seems you only moved to Canada in spring 2013?

So I don't think you'd be able to apply in Jan 2016, as you won't have the full 3 years of Canadian income then either, possibly in 2017 you could though?

Best of luck.