Proof of Funds / Student Loans

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 8:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Funds / Student Loans

Originally Posted by DaechiDragon
Can we both make EE profiles with each other as our spouses? Is it allowed?
Yes, it's fine to do so.

My gf said she was only in Calgary for 3 months, so we disregarded it as being important.
It gives her a link to AB that you don't have, so she'd be MUCH more likely to be selected under the AINP than you would though?

Old Aug 2nd 2019, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

DaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, it's fine to do so.
It gives her a link to AB that you don't have, so she'd be MUCH more likely to be selected under the AINP than you would though?
Interesting. Well we'll both apply them, with each other as the spouse.

On another note, my transcripts arrived from England today all stamped and sealed like I asked. I only contacted them 2 days ago and they're already in Korea. Crazy. I hope everything else will be this fast.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 4:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Well we'll both apply them, with each other as the spouse.

On another note, my transcripts arrived from England today all stamped and sealed like I asked. I only contacted them 2 days ago and they're already in Korea. Crazy. I hope everything else will be this fast.
You may need to wait until you qualify as spouses - are you now married / or have you lived together as if married without interuption for a minimum of 12 consecutive months (and continue to do so) - with documentary proof of having a 'marriage like' relationship?
Old Aug 6th 2019, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

DaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDaechiDragon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You may need to wait until you qualify as spouses - are you now married / or have you lived together as if married without interuption for a minimum of 12 consecutive months (and continue to do so) - with documentary proof of having a 'marriage like' relationship?
We are not married but have discussed it. We've been living together for over 2 years but most things are in her name. My ID shows the same address as her but I'm not sure how to prove the time aspect at the moment. I'm not sure if things like Instagram posts as a couple (with timestamps on the website) will also help to proving partnership or not.

I'm actually more worried about proving funds. She has more money than me, which is no problem for when she is the primary applicant, but when I'm the primary, we need to show 6 months history and we have no joint bank account, so even if we create one, I don't want to wait 6 months until we apply. I would get my name added to her account but I don't think Korea does joint bank accounts.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

We are not married but have discussed it. We've been living together for over 2 years but most things are in her name. My ID shows the same address as her but I'm not sure how to prove the time aspect at the moment. I'm not sure if things like Instagram posts as a couple (with timestamps on the website) will also help to proving partnership or not.

I'm actually more worried about proving funds. She has more money than me, which is no problem for when she is the primary applicant, but when I'm the primary, we need to show 6 months history and we have no joint bank account, so even if we create one, I don't want to wait 6 months until we apply. I would get my name added to her account but I don't think Korea does joint bank accounts.
I think your biggest issue is going to prove you qualify as common law partners. The standard is much higher than live together. You have to prove you are in a marriage like relationship. what they will be looking for is evidence you have combined finances, I.e. joint bank accounts/mortgages etc., have each other named as primary beneficiaries on life insurance policies etc. A few Instagram posts won’t count for much.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the assessing agencies require that the transcripts are sent directly to them by the learning institution I.e. never touched your hands. I asked this question directly to a few of them a few years ago, I had existing copies of signed and sealed transcripts. It is unlikely they will accept copies mailed to them from Korea in d the institution being assessed is in UK.