Proof of funds requirements

Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

canada2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of funds requirements

Hi hive mind!

We are currently applying for express entry under the Skilled Trades Program. We know that we need proof of funds. My concern is that our 'funds' are in my bank account, not my fiances - who is the main applicant. I would be accompanying under common-law. We have lived together since 2016 so have no problem proving this.

We are unable to put him on my account because he is Chilean and we currently live in Chile.

It is not preferable (though not impossible if necessary) transfer the money as the money is in a UK account and we would lose a lot by transferring to his Chilean account.

Have anyone experienced this or have any words of wisdom!

many thanks
Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of funds requirements

The funds must be under the principal applicants name, they can’t be in yours alone. They can be in a joint account however.

HTH, good luck.