Proof of Funds For PR

Old May 5th 2016, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Funds For PR

Also, having done another check there appears to be a contradiction on CIC pages (what a surprise).

The following page
Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check states "Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check" and further down lists proof of funds as mandatory for all applicants".

However the following page
Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
States "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

Anyone done it recently and know which is true?
Old May 5th 2016, 2:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Also, having done another check there appears to be a contradiction on CIC pages (what a surprise).

The following page
Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check states "Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check" and further down lists proof of funds as mandatory for all applicants".

However the following page
States "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

Anyone done it recently and know which is true?
Both are. As I understand it it's an 'either / or' situation - if you read the help link that I posted Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry? , you will see it specifically says:

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.
Old May 6th 2016, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again Siouxie, feel a lot better now, and I can now apply for PR earlier than I thought using CEC.
Old May 6th 2016, 3:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again Siouxie, feel a lot better now, and I can now apply for PR earlier than I thought using CEC.
You are most welcome.

Old May 6th 2016, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

I assume since you are here

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
  • you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
  • you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
so no need to worry
Old May 6th 2016, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johntheScot

I assume since you are here

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
  • you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
  • you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
so no need to worry
I am on a ICT work permit which is LMIA exempt so it does not qualify under this exclusion.
Old May 7th 2016, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

I am on a ICT work permit which is LMIA exempt so it does not qualify under this exclusion.
Is that an open work permit? IEC?

I'm on CEC route and I have the problem where I've got to much proof of funds documents to upload. I have several accounts/credit cards both in Canada and the UK. Theres no way I can fit it all in one 4MB PDF, even if I split some of it up and put it in my letter of explanation. I have more than the amount I want to bring over that I listed in my EE profile in one account. So i don't know whether to just upload that letter and my Canadian info or what? Or upload as much as possible and put in my letter of explanation that there wasnt enough room? The CIC site says to use a piecd of software that is 16 years old to compress a file that is already compressed 😕

Do i take it that if you are invited under CEC you dont have to meet the $12,100 cut off but still provide proof of funds? Or if you have been invited under CEC you just need to upload a letter of explanation as the system asks everyone to upload regardless of program?

Last edited by Leaf25; May 7th 2016 at 5:52 am.
Old May 7th 2016, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Leaf25
Is that an open work permit? IEC?

I'm on CEC route and I have the problem where I've got to much proof of funds documents to upload. I have several accounts/credit cards both in Canada and the UK. Theres no way I can fit it all in one 4MB PDF, even if I split some of it up and put it in my letter of explanation. I have more than the amount I want to bring over that I listed in my EE profile in one account. So i don't know whether to just upload that letter and my Canadian info or what? Or upload as much as possible and put in my letter of explanation that there wasnt enough room? The CIC site says to use a piecd of software that is 16 years old to compress a file that is already compressed 😕

Do i take it that if you are invited under CEC you dont have to meet the $12,100 cut off but still provide proof of funds? Or if you have been invited under CEC you just need to upload a letter of explanation as the system asks everyone to upload regardless of program?
It's an intra-company transfeer work permit tied to employer.

From what Is said above you don't need to worry about must of the information you are trying to upload. I think they are more interested in noa's tax statements etc.