Wikiposts

Proof of Funds....pls advise

Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Singhrulez is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Proof of Funds....pls advise

Hi, I am gonna apply for my PR under FSW. I have a lot of work experience from my country and I am currently on a student permit. The thing is I need to show $11000 CAD as proof of funds. I had this money about 3 months ago but I have already paid for my tuition fee. But I do have a kind of personal assessment from my bank on which though no date is mentioned but its mentioned clearly the amount I have and assets and liabilities(nil) and it also has a bank stamp. Its 3 months old but as I said there is no date mentioned so can I possibly send this as a proof of fund? I mean being a student how can I accumulate that much money and on website its mentioned you may not borrow the money too....pls advise. Shall I give it a shot ?

PS: I have been living in Canada for the last 2 years.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Funds....pls advise

Originally Posted by Singhrulez
Hi, I am gonna apply for my PR under FSW. I have a lot of work experience from my country and I am currently on a student permit. The thing is I need to show $11000 CAD as proof of funds. I had this money about 3 months ago but I have already paid for my tuition fee. But I do have a kind of personal assessment from my bank on which though no date is mentioned but its mentioned clearly the amount I have and assets and liabilities(nil) and it also has a bank stamp. Its 3 months old but as I said there is no date mentioned so can I possibly send this as a proof of fund? I mean being a student how can I accumulate that much money and on website its mentioned you may not borrow the money too....pls advise. Shall I give it a shot ?

PS: I have been living in Canada for the last 2 years.
What category of FSW are you applying under? Proof of funds isn't always required.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Singhrulez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What category of FSW are you applying under? Proof of funds isn't always required.
I dont have arranged employment , I dont understand what you mean, I have prev work experience which falls under NOC,thats it.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 4:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Singhrulez
I dont have arranged employment , I dont understand what you mean, I have prev work experience which falls under NOC,thats it.
OK, just wasn't sure which category you were applying under - if it was Category 2 (arranged employment) then you wouldn't have required proof of funds, but now we know it's Category 1.

So there is no way around it - get Ebaying your possessions! CIC will need to see recent (dated) bank statements, and can also ask you to prove where the money came from or to see older statements. And remember that you'll need it when you apply, but also when you land to activate your PR status as well.

Good luck.