Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

proof of funds on landing through pnp

Wikiposts

proof of funds on landing through pnp

Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

jasper62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of funds on landing through pnp

totally confused
as i have gained pr through a pnp program do i still need to show proof of funds when i land as all my equity is still tied up in the house, also my original job offer is now in doubt because of the time it has taken to get this far. i must land by the end of jan 09 to activate my visa's and then return to the uk to sell the house. please help
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of funds on landing through pnp

I have no idea about whether it would be a problem if your job offer is retracted I'm afraid, but you do need proof of funds even if going via PNP.

Good luck.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

If i were you I would get over here on the next available flight just in case your job offer is pulled as it might be a condition of your PNP/PR dont risk it for a second

as for funds I beleive you will need to show available funds to land although it seems 9 times out of 10 they dont even ask

could you not beg steal or borrow on a temp basis as i understnad just aa ATM print out from the day around landing is fine

in this case get funds in there right now and then have a few transactions so it doesnt show $20,000 or whatever jumping in the day before landing

how many of you are landing?

also I dont want to be a doom and gloomer there is far to many of them on here but the exchange rate is very very scary at the moment( £1 to $1.75) and could go either way nobody knows but to be safe get sorted asap

good luck and huge congrats on your PR
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chumley
If i were you I would get over here on the next available flight just in case your job offer is pulled as it might be a condition of your PNP/PR dont risk it for a second

as for funds I beleive you will need to show available funds to land although it seems 9 times out of 10 they dont even ask

could you not beg steal or borrow on a temp basis as i understnad just aa ATM print out from the day around landing is fine

in this case get funds in there right now and then have a few transactions so it doesnt show $20,000 or whatever jumping in the day before landing

also I dont want to be a doom and gloomer there is far to many of them on here but the exchange rate is very very scary at the moment( £1 to $1.75) and could go either way nobody knows but to be safe get sorted asap

thanks for the info my poor head feels like it is in a vice, happy new year to you anyway
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chumley

do i have to show proof of funds ,even though i have a job offer ?????
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

good point maybe not?

Im not working so its different for me hopefully someone recently landed in your circs will be along to advise
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:01 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you do - your contract of employement stating you wage and current valuation and outstanding balance on your mortgage should suffice
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:13 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Here is a recent thread where this was discussed, not sure if things are any different for PNP applications, I would guess not, you are still classed as a skilled worker. From what it says in this thread unless you already have a work permit or you have claimed points for arranged employment then proof of funds is officially required on landing.

Hopefully someone can clarify for us although as MMC mentioned the reality is that providing documents will suffice, or you may not even be asked, but this is a risk, sods law and all that

Good luck

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...unds+job+offer