Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof Of Funds for EE? (Mortgage, Debt etc)

Proof Of Funds for EE? (Mortgage, Debt etc)

Old Dec 19th 2020, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Steve90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof Of Funds for EE? (Mortgage, Debt etc)

I have calculated my CRS score and I am eligible for Express Entry with 476 points (Including Age, Education, work experience etc).

My concern was around proof of funds and the debts around this:

Mortgage: £100k (Property Value: £160k)
Student Loan: £20k
Credit cards: £5k

Current balance: £8K

POF Required: $12960CAD (est. £7520)

1. Considering the debts I have is it still worth applying?

2. I understand 6 months worth of finance history should be supplied, the balance during this time has fluctuated between £3k-£6k throughout this time. Would I need to show that I have had the balance equivalent to $12960CAD throughout this time or would the fluctuation of the balance not matter?

Before I take any steps with the application I want to see if it's worth me applying or if I should wait 6 months to maintain a balance equivalent to what is required.

Thanks in advance

Old Jan 5th 2021, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof Of Funds for EE? (Mortgage, Debt etc)

I'm curious about this. We have our ITA and are putting the application together, including POF now. I can let you know how ours goes (in several months!), but our situation sounds similar and we are just ploughing though with hope.

My husband and myself scored 482. We both have student debt and a mortgage, and have paid off credit cards within the last 6 months they will review for history. I'm not sure how the 6 month history is considered, if we obviously have the POF at the time of applying.
Old Jan 6th 2021, 1:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...oof-funds.html

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
Old Jan 6th 2021, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the clarification! Do you know what the do with the 6 month history?
Old Jan 6th 2021, 3:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Thanks for the clarification! Do you know what the do with the 6 month history?
They'll check that you haven't had a sudden chunk of money deposited and if you have, ask you to prove where it's come from. It's to stop people borrowing money from friends/family and using that as their POF.
Old Jan 7th 2021, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They'll check that you haven't had a sudden chunk of money deposited and if you have, ask you to prove where it's come from. It's to stop people borrowing money from friends/family and using that as their POF.
Ah, ok, so standard fluctuations in balance aren't going to be critically judged? Eg. Christmas shopping, booking a holiday, car repairs, etc.?
Would a work bonus be a suspicious 'large deposit'?
Old Jan 7th 2021, 1:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Would a work bonus be a suspicious 'large deposit'?
No, because that can easily be evidenced with a payslip.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, do you know any more about student loans and mortgages? Obviously we can evidence their total, regular payments and what they are for- but if the thousands of pounds on these count as 'debt', would it be a waste of time putting the application in?
Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi, do you know any more about student loans and mortgages? Obviously we can evidence their total, regular payments and what they are for- but if the thousands of pounds on these count as 'debt', would it be a waste of time putting the application in?
Debts make no difference.