Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

The PR visa application forms require an amount of funds available in Canadian Dollars. How have UK residents proved this when funds are in pounds sterling? Is there a specific exchange rate to use or just the one on the day I fill the forms out?

Thanks
Rgilbert
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Hi

Originally Posted by rgilbert
The PR visa application forms require an amount of funds available in Canadian Dollars. How have UK residents proved this when funds are in pounds sterling? Is there a specific exchange rate to use or just the one on the day I fill the forms out?

Thanks
Rgilbert
Exchange rate on day of application, use the inter-bank rate shown in your local newspaper.

Pmm
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:05 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

I used the exchange rate from a conversion site on the internet
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Moonrunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone explain the 'unencumbered' bit in the forms - I take it that means whatever liquid cash you have and that it should not include any equity in a mortgaged house that obviously hasn't been sold yet?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

chrisfearon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Moonrunner
Can anyone explain the 'unencumbered' bit in the forms - I take it that means whatever liquid cash you have and that it should not include any equity in a mortgaged house that obviously hasn't been sold yet?

i think uncumbered means funds you have in your bank account readily transferable, and not tied to shares mortgages etc.

at the time of our application we sent a mortgage statement and estate agents valuations. london seem to accept this method.
we did not have the cash in our bank at that time.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Moonrunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisfearon
i think uncumbered means funds you have in your bank account readily transferable, and not tied to shares mortgages etc.

at the time of our application we sent a mortgage statement and estate agents valuations. london seem to accept this method.
we did not have the cash in our bank at that time.
Thanks for that Chris, I think I'll do the same as yourself - better to give them a fuller picture of the positives as well as the negatives and trust to them.
MR