Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:34 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
rgilbert's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 448
rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

The PR visa application forms require an amount of funds available in Canadian Dollars. How have UK residents proved this when funds are in pounds sterling? Is there a specific exchange rate to use or just the one on the day I fill the forms out?

Thanks
Rgilbert
rgilbert is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:03 am
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Hi

Originally Posted by rgilbert
The PR visa application forms require an amount of funds available in Canadian Dollars. How have UK residents proved this when funds are in pounds sterling? Is there a specific exchange rate to use or just the one on the day I fill the forms out?

Thanks
Rgilbert
Exchange rate on day of application, use the inter-bank rate shown in your local newspaper.

Pmm
PMM is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:05 am
  #3  
Cochrane AB Bound!
 
us3andthedog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Cochrane AB
Posts: 393
us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Re: Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

I used the exchange rate from a conversion site on the internet
us3andthedog is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:49 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 3
Moonrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Can anyone explain the 'unencumbered' bit in the forms - I take it that means whatever liquid cash you have and that it should not include any equity in a mortgaged house that obviously hasn't been sold yet?
Moonrunner is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:58 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 90
chrisfearon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Originally Posted by Moonrunner
Can anyone explain the 'unencumbered' bit in the forms - I take it that means whatever liquid cash you have and that it should not include any equity in a mortgaged house that obviously hasn't been sold yet?

i think uncumbered means funds you have in your bank account readily transferable, and not tied to shares mortgages etc.

at the time of our application we sent a mortgage statement and estate agents valuations. london seem to accept this method.
we did not have the cash in our bank at that time.
chrisfearon is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:03 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 3
Moonrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of funds in Canadian Dollars

Originally Posted by chrisfearon
i think uncumbered means funds you have in your bank account readily transferable, and not tied to shares mortgages etc.

at the time of our application we sent a mortgage statement and estate agents valuations. london seem to accept this method.
we did not have the cash in our bank at that time.
Thanks for that Chris, I think I'll do the same as yourself - better to give them a fuller picture of the positives as well as the negatives and trust to them.
MR
Moonrunner is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.