proof of funds ..again

Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:13 am
Just Joined

todos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of funds ..again

Is it acceptable if I offer the Embassy a bank statement from my local bank (which is one of the biggest banks here in Taiwan -ChinaTrust Commercial Bank, and has a branch in Vancouver) showing my current balance in USD or CAD before visa stamping? It's hardly possible to open a bank account in Canada without being present there...
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:35 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: proof of funds ..again

Originally Posted by todos
Is it acceptable if I offer the Embassy a bank statement from my local bank (which is one of the biggest banks here in Taiwan -ChinaTrust Commercial Bank, and has a branch in Vancouver) showing my current balance in USD or CAD before visa stamping? It's hardly possible to open a bank account in Canada without being present there...
Dont know, but it may be an advantage if you can log on to your bank in the Internet and check your ballance in front of the officer in case he questions your paper, I guess.
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mhhp

Originally Posted by mhhp
Dont know, but it may be an advantage if you can log on to your bank in the Internet and check your ballance in front of the officer in case he questions your paper, I guess.
If it is a US/CAD account there should be no problems with an up to date account balance. As an aside there are no public internet terminals in any POE immigration area.

PMM
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

todos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Mhhp

If it is a US/CAD account there should be no problems with an up to date account balance. As an aside there are no public internet terminals in any POE immigration area.

PMM
But the point is that my interview has been waived, so I was asked to submit my passport with proof of settlement funds before they issue visa...
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Todos

Originally Posted by todos
But the point is that my interview has been waived, so I was asked to submit my passport with proof of settlement funds before they issue visa...
Then send them the statement from the bank of your Can/Us $ dollar accts.

PMM
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:59 am
Just Joined

ponyeka is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: proof of funds ..again

Hi All,

Am applying now from Accra, Ghana and I have not saved up all the money I need to show as SF at time of landing (about CAD$30,000). However, I have a house plus other assets valued at over that amount. I will also earn an end-of-service benefit of over USD$75000 from my present employment when I get a decision on my PR application and resign. Please do I need to show evidence of SF now at application. If yes, what documents do I need. Please all advice and comments will be welcome.

Thanks all

Ponyeka
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by ponyeka
Hi All,

Am applying now from Accra, Ghana and I have not saved up all the money I need to show as SF at time of landing (about CAD$30,000). However, I have a house plus other assets valued at over that amount. I will also earn an end-of-service benefit of over USD$75000 from my present employment when I get a decision on my PR application and resign. Please do I need to show evidence of SF now at application. If yes, what documents do I need. Please all advice and comments will be welcome.

Thanks all

Ponyeka
Yes you have to show the Settlement funds with the application. It has to be cash in the bank (most CHCs, the exception being London on some cases) will not consider the value of your house or future funds. If you don't demonstrate the SFs up front, your application will be returned.

PMM
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:26 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes you have to show the Settlement funds with the application. It has to be cash in the bank (most CHCs, the exception being London on some cases) will not consider the value of your house or future funds. If you don't demonstrate the SFs up front, your application will be returned.

PMM
Sydney is another office that will accept the value of your home towards settlement funds. I was advised to show some liquid funds (ie cash in the bank).
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Question Re: proof of funds ..again

I am planning to land anytime for next 4 months...
I am an Indian National, currently living in India

While I was in USA about 2 yeas ago, I had a Bank account
I still maintain a USD account with that USA credit Union.

When I land if I bring a Treasurer's check/Banker's check
given by my credit Union in USA drawn in my name
for the amount of USD $10000

Can it serve as my settlement fund for me and my wife
if I bring another C$2000 as cash ???
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:35 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it will be accepted as proof of funds at landing. But please note that Canadian banks will put 30 days hold on foreign draft/banker's or cashier's cheque, so be prepared not having access to your money for that long.

Originally Posted by newbee
I am planning to land anytime for next 4 months...
I am an Indian National, currently living in India

While I was in USA about 2 yeas ago, I had a Bank account
I still maintain a USD account with that USA credit Union.

When I land if I bring a Treasurer's check/Banker's check
given by my credit Union in USA drawn in my name
for the amount of USD $10000

Can it serve as my settlement fund for me and my wife
if I bring another C$2000 as cash ???
Old Dec 16th 2004, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice

That will not be a problem.

1. I asked my Credit Union in USA, they will issue only in Hand
American Express Traveller's check. They charge 1% since
I do not have direct deposit of salary Now

2. I need to deposit a check here and possibly get it converted
twice from USD to INR and then INR to CAD, it takes a while.
Even with direct conversion from USD to CAD, rates
are not that great now.

Hence I have concluded that Treasurer's check/Banker's check
which my credit union issues free of cost is the best option.

May be I should come with C$5000.0 in cash. the rest
will come slowly.

I am reaching out to some friends just in case ....
money comes lillte late, borrow 1k or 2k
by giving them USD checks.

Hopefully next few steps below are smooth:
- Getting back my pp from USA
- Arranging flight, either through company or myself
- CAD cash and other funds in Banker's check
- Landing without any problem
- Initial stay in Canada
- Job Hunting and job landing quickly
- Secure job reasonably
- Buy House
- Buy Car