Proof of funds

Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Nicky_25_00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of funds

Hello,

can anyone shed any light, at present me and my husband have no savings but we are on a drastic savings mission (and waiting for 20 grand from the bank-they owe us). I am currently completing the application for FSW do we need to have the funds before we apply or at a later stage, also we do have more than the required amount in equity in our house. or do we need physical cash in the bank. my husband will also get 10 grand when he signs off the forces which wont be until we complete the application process 2-3 years depending how long it takes.

please can anyone help, am i best of waiting until we have the physical amount x

thanks Nicky xx
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:49 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of funds

You need it at the time of application. It cannot be sent in later.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:04 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nicky_25_00
Hello,

can anyone shed any light, at present me and my husband have no savings but we are on a drastic savings mission (and waiting for 20 grand from the bank-they owe us). I am currently completing the application for FSW do we need to have the funds before we apply or at a later stage, also we do have more than the required amount in equity in our house. or do we need physical cash in the bank. my husband will also get 10 grand when he signs off the forces which wont be until we complete the application process 2-3 years depending how long it takes.

please can anyone help, am i best of waiting until we have the physical amount x

thanks Nicky xx
If you are British, you can get a valuation and mortgage statement, if there is equity, this can be used as proof of funds. You will still have to show readily obtainable funds when you land, that means you will have to have the house sold or have saved to show you have sufficient funds available to be not thought of as a burden to Canada.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

thanks Nicky xx
If you are naming London as the Visa office you want to use (after sending it to Nova Scotia), then they and they alone will accept equity in a home as proof of funds.

We sent three valuations and a recent mortgage statement with our application.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, beat me to it Fletch
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:09 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

how are you mate, OK? Lets see if I can close that gap in the next few months.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking, but as you say you are completing the application now, can I ask how you are applying as FSW?

I don't know if you saw my response to your previous thread, but I did mention that the quota for social workers was almost full, and it's now standing at 499 out of 500 applications, so no chance of you getting in before the quota is full now.

And as was pointed out to you previously, you couldn't apply as a social worker unless you have actually worked as a social worker in the past 10 years, is that the case?

But if you could apply now under another NOC code, then the application process won't take 2-3 years, so you can't count on the 10 grand your husband will get - it should only take around 12 months, and you'll need to show proof of funds in cash when you 'land' to activate your PR.

As has been said above, you can use equity in your house for the initial stage.

Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checking, but as you say you are completing the application now, can I ask how you are applying as FSW?

I don't know if you saw my response to your previous thread, but I did mention that the quota for social workers was almost full, and it's now standing at 499 out of 500 applications, so no chance of you getting in before the quota is full now.

And as was pointed out to you previously, you couldn't apply as a social worker unless you have actually worked as a social worker in the past 10 years, is that the case?

But if you could apply now under another NOC code, then the application process won't take 2-3 years, so you can't count on the 10 grand your husband will get - it should only take around 12 months, and you'll need to show proof of funds in cash when you 'land' to activate your PR.

As has been said above, you can use equity in your house for the initial stage.

Thankyou for the advice its all very confusing, I think I am going to apply under probation officer NOC 4155 although Im not sure if this is one of the eligible positions Im trying to gether all information at present. Although the quota is almost full when would be the next time the quota will start. Oh 12 months isnt too bad I thought it was much longer. Just while im on do you know what majority of people do with there house sell/rent were just looking at our options at present

many thanks nicky xx
Old Feb 7th 2012, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for the advice its all very confusing, I think I am going to apply under probation officer NOC 4155 although Im not sure if this is one of the eligible positions Im trying to gether all information at present.
Afraid it's not, that's why I was confused about how you were thinking of applying now. If you wanted to apply under 4155 you'd need a job offer approved by HRSDC to do so. What does your husband do, would he be eligible by any chance? Or have a look at another visa route - there are over 50 routes to PR, of which FSW is only one. I'm afraid I can't see how you're eligible to apply for PR now from what you've said, you'll need to rethink your visa route - just didn't want you paying out for IELTS exam etc if you aren't even eligible now!

Although the quota is almost full when would be the next time the quota will start.
1st July, but 'the list' of eligible occupations is likely to change then too, so it's probably not going to be the same jobs on it.

Oh 12 months isnt too bad I thought it was much longer.
Nope, not these days. It did used to take much longer, but if you have a look at recent timelines threads you'll see it's around a year or so.

Just while im on do you know what majority of people do with there house sell/rent were just looking at our options at present
Depends on the visa route and also how much research you're doing and are sure that Canada is for you. How many times have you visited? If you've spent lots of time there (although even that won't prepare you for living there!) and get PR, most people would sell up. But those that go on TWP's or a more temporary visa often rent their house out. It really does depend on the individual though, and their personal situation.

Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

arian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default it is necesary use a canadian bank ?

I am going to apply under FSW program, if i have the money in cash for an application for two adults and a child (about 15 grands), what i have to do to proof of my funds ? Put the money in a Canadian Bank ?

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Default Re: it is necesary use a canadian bank ?

Originally Posted by arian
I am going to apply under FSW program, if i have the money in cash for an application for two adults and a child (about 15 grands), what i have to do to proof of my funds ? Put the money in a Canadian Bank ?

thanks in advance.
It doesn't need to be in a Canadian bank, a statement from your current account will be fine.

For a family of 3, the amount you need is just over $17,000.

Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;9888485]Afraid it's not, that's why I was confused about how you were thinking of applying now. If you wanted to apply under 4155 you'd need a job offer approved by HRSDC to do so. What does your husband do, would he be eligible by any chance? Or have a look at another visa route - there are over 50 routes to PR, of which FSW is only one. I'm afraid I can't see how you're eligible to apply for PR now from what you've said, you'll need to rethink your visa route - just didn't want you paying out for IELTS exam etc if you aren't even eligible now!

I think you may be right, not sure i will be accepted as my job is not on the list, i have looked on sight again and cant seem to find the best application route, can you suggest anything??
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I think you may be right, not sure i will be accepted as my job is not on the list, i have looked on sight again and cant seem to find the best application route, can you suggest anything??
There's no 'may' about it I'm afraid, if your job isn't on 'the list', then you would just be rejected. You need either experience in a job on 'the list', or a job offer approved by HRSDC to qualify as FSW.

I can't suggest anything else without knowing everything about you i.e. what does your husband do, have either of you done any other jobs in the past 10 years, your educational background, your net worth, any Canadian relatives, which province you wish to go to, do you wish to start your own business, any prospect of a job offer in Canada, etc, etc. There are over 50 routes to a visa, of which FSW is only one, so you'll need to figure out which you may be eligible for. Start with this page of the Wiki which may help give you an overview of the available options - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

If you're still not sure, an immigration consultant will do a free visa assessment for you - a quick search of the forum will find those that have been recently recommended.