proof of funds

Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default proof of funds

Hi,

can anyone give my wife and I some info regarding the 'proof of funds' for the federal skilled worker / visa application..

If I have worked it out properly, it is $16,967 for 3 people (my wife, myself and the new born!)

But my query is how exactly do you prove your funds?
Is it just copy of a bank statement with the correct amount?....
Is there any criteria we must meet i.e. regular transfers/savings and not just a one off transaction?

thanks in advance for any responses
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:55 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of funds

Yup just a copy of you bank statement will be fine. I think if its just a one off transaction depositing that kind of money they will want to know where it has come from as the money can't be borrowed and that might indicate that it is.

Ours was in a couple of different accounts and we just sent copies of all the statements.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

vaughant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Falcore
Yup just a copy of you bank statement will be fine. I think if its just a one off transaction depositing that kind of money they will want to know where it has come from as the money can't be borrowed and that might indicate that it is.

Ours was in a couple of different accounts and we just sent copies of all the statements.

How does it work with debt etc?do they need a credit check or anything?I'm only asking as I'll be renting my property out in Britain hence I will still have a mortgage,I have some credit card debt right now but that should be cleared before I leave.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Yeah I was sure I read somewhere that the money cant be borrowed.
($16,967 =£11,200)
So the immigration office will want a statement of regular transactions over a period of time?..
Just as well weve started the saving already!

thanks for the reply
Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alcat2010
($16,967 =£11,200)
So the immigration office will want a statement of regular transactions over a period of time?..

thanks for the reply
When we landed, we just had a bank statement and a copy of 'pending' funds from our house sale. We were asked for neither when we landed!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:41 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vaughant
How does it work with debt etc?do they need a credit check or anything?I'm only asking as I'll be renting my property out in Britain hence I will still have a mortgage,I have some credit card debt right now but that should be cleared before I leave.
We were not asked to show proof of any debt!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:43 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by alcat2010
($16,967 =£11,200)

thanks for the reply
No worries! Good luck with saving!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

I asked an immo officer this question (be it a few years ago) and was told they like to see the money has been in your name for about six months so they can make sure it hasn't been borrowed. However, I am sure I have read on here that people have got through sending bank statements covering three months.

We just printed off a copy of our bank statement (online bank) and sent that. It was accepted.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:22 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

I will have a lump sum in my account, sold a car at the beginning of the year and will be transferring the large amount back into my main bank account so its all together, then there is also savings within my bank which will total the amount we need. Was just going to print off the page of my internet banking and get the bank to stamp it to agree its authenticity.

Will I / should I have to explain the lump sum or just see what happens if they make a request for an explanation?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

vaughant is an unknown quantity at this point

We were not asked to show proof of any debt!
Thanks,that's cleared it up nice.I'm just in the process of closing my business down but we won't be leaving any debt although I've incurred a bit of personal debt since it started I'm likely to be paying that off quite quickly.I may be coming into some inheritance shortly(nothing ghoulish I promise!!),however as it's coming to me through my mother as i wasn't directly named in the will I 'm not sure if they would see that as a loan of some description?