Wikiposts

Proof of Funds

Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Funds

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Think you may have misunderstood , the valuation , mortgage statement etc was fine for your APPLICATION , but not for LANDING.

The fact that someone else managed to get through with house valuation is NO guarantee that you will.

The CIC rules are very clear , it must be UNENCUMBERED funds as discussed before.
Zoe,

Typical! the ironic thing is...during my application I did have the unincumbered funds! However now the time has come to land...I know longer have such a sum of money.

Looks like a loan then.

Thanks, best I know now, so I can sort something out.

Paul
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Think you may have misunderstood , the valuation , mortgage statement etc was fine for your APPLICATION , but not for LANDING.

The fact that someone else managed to get through with house valuation is NO guarantee that you will.

The CIC rules are very clear , it must be UNENCUMBERED funds as discussed before.
Hi there,

Would a job offer be of any use in this situation?
I am in the situation where we are going down the SW route, and currently have an informal job offer. One of the things that will be part of the job offer is a package to cover me and my family whilst in Canada for the first 3-6 months (i.e. health care etc.) If the job offer does come about would I be able to use this at the port of entry to mitigate the need to show required funds?

Many thanks,

James.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:05 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwsadler
Hi there,

Would a job offer be of any use in this situation?
I am in the situation where we are going down the SW route, and currently have an informal job offer. One of the things that will be part of the job offer is a package to cover me and my family whilst in Canada for the first 3-6 months (i.e. health care etc.) If the job offer does come about would I be able to use this at the port of entry to mitigate the need to show required funds?

Many thanks,

James.
taken from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

you do ont need these fund sif you have arranged employment . However I presume this means approved employment , rather than informal job offer
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

taken from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

you do ont need these fund sif you have arranged employment . However I presume this means approved employment , rather than informal job offer

Hi Zoe,

Thanks for this. Do you know what the differences are between approved and informal job offers - I assumed that informal meant that no contract was in place. Where-as approved meant that it had to go through some sort of process (being advertised in Canada, etc.) and then being accepted by CIC, which all had to be done by the employer?

In my situation the company will issue me with a contract prior to departing for Canada.

Many thanks,

James.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jwsadler
Hi Zoe,

Thanks for this. Do you know what the differences are between approved and informal job offers - I assumed that informal meant that no contract was in place. Where-as approved meant that it had to go through some sort of process (being advertised in Canada, etc.) and then being accepted by CIC, which all had to be done by the employer?

In my situation the company will issue me with a contract prior to departing for Canada.

Many thanks,

James.

'You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.' As it is still a bit ambiguous I have sent an email to London CIC:

To whom it may concern:,

We have just received our 90 day update letter and I have a number of questions about the proof of funds requirement and I would appreciate any help you can offer.

1) Can we use a property valuation for the initial proof of funds as part of the supporting documentation? If so, I assume that we get a property valuation through a combination of a mortgage statement and a valuation from a real-estate agent?

2) If all goes well; at the port/point of entry - can I use the fact that I have a job offer (not necessarily approved by CIC) to mitigate the need for proof of funds? - The job offer in question will include cover for our medical insurance requirements for my family and I during the first 6 months we are in Canada. This will also mean that I can start work as soon as we successfully land in Canada. We already have a Canadian bank account and will be able to use this.

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Aug 18th 2008 at 1:47 am.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:50 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

willing to be corrected if I'm wrong , but "arranged employment" is a term used by CIC to cover employemnt aqpproved by HRDC and thus giving you 10 points
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

willing to be corrected if I'm wrong , but "arranged employment" is a term used by CIC to cover employemnt aqpproved by HRDC and thus giving you 10 points
Thanks Zoe. You could be right

I think I too may need to get a loan, as we may end up renting our house out in the UK rather than hanging on until it is sold.

James.