Wikiposts

proof of funds

Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:31 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

lincoln_2_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Default proof of funds

Two questions ........when bringing proof of funds can i bring a house valuation and a mortgage statement?
If so, does the house valuation have to be a proper one, i.e a valuation including a survey of the property, or can i just bring an estate agents valuation ?

thanks Tony
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of funds

Hi

Originally Posted by lincoln_2_vancouver
Two questions ........when bringing proof of funds can i bring a house valuation and a mortgage statement?
If so, does the house valuation have to be a proper one, i.e a valuation including a survey of the property, or can i just bring an estate agents valuation ?

thanks Tony
Nope, only London accepts house valuations for settlement funds (against the Regulations, but that's London) Settlement funds at landing are cash/negotiable instruments or a recent bank statement of funds that can be accessed from Canada.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:06 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

thanks mate ........Am i right in thinking that if i have arranged employment i don't need proof of funds ?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

immiq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
Nope, only London accepts house valuations for settlement funds (against the Regulations, but that's London) Settlement funds at landing are cash/negotiable instruments or a recent bank statement of funds that can be accessed from Canada.
How recent can a bank statement be acceptable for the landing purpose, 1, 3, 6 month or what else by the way?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:21 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Recent means current, not months old, as you may be asked to go to the nearest ATM machine and make balance printout to prove that you still have money stated on the bank statement.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:33 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

All the above may be true, but when we landed they asked us how much money we were intending to bring. Not how much we had on us, we gave them the round figure and that was it.

good luck
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Recent means current, not months old, as you may be asked to go to the nearest ATM machine and make balance printout to prove that you still have money stated on the bank statement.
Please could you clarify if it is quite acceptable to bring cash, and no bank statement?

Or does immigration like to see itemized bank statement to track the history of funds in account.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:40 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marhaba
Please could you clarify if it is quite acceptable to bring cash, and no bank statement?

Or does immigration like to see itemized bank statement to track the history of funds in account.
Well I suppose you could bring cash, but since you need to delcare at Customs if you are bringing more than $10,000 and if there is more than 1 of you you'll need more than that it could get tricky. They don't like people bringing in that much cash, though for a new immigrant they probably would accept it.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:02 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

my thread got hijacked man........my question still unanswered.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

thanks Tony

We just had an Estate Agent valuation and we're at the medical stage so looks like that was good enough.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point

my thread got hijacked man........my question still unanswered.
As I understand it, if you have arranged employment i.e. with HRDC approval, then you are NOT required to furnish proof of funds.

I'm sure someone will correct me I don't have it right.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:39 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks mate ........Am i right in thinking that if i have arranged employment i don't need proof of funds ?
No with arranged employment you don't need proof of funds
Terese
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:45 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Thank you very . I thought as much just wanted confirmation .

ta Tony
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

The other issue is that no-one from the UK seems to have been asked for proof of funds at landing; is there anyone who has?

Certainly in my case they just asked how much money I'd be bringing and all the bank statements and printouts I'd taken were irrelevant.