Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of Fund as on date of app or current

Wikiposts

Proof of Fund as on date of app or current

Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

bootlecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of Fund as on date of app or current

Having moved to Canada recently I would say that even if you are exempt from the minimum funds requirements (i.e. by having an LMO and arranged employment) the actual figures are really the minimum you need to set up home.

You are going to need :

Somewhere to stay (either a hotel or a rental property) if you are moving to a big city work on around 2000 CAD for rent a month (and you'll need a deposit of that as well before moving in)

New clothes - Its bitterly cold here, your UK clothes won't cut it
Food and Generally getting to know your new home
And you need to sustain this until you get your first pay check.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Hey,

Yes the simplified application said you must meet all requirements at time of application but it did not say anything about having to provide proof when processed. They cannot call you up on this if they did not specify what proof you should have.

I applied in September 06 and did actually have enough funds in house equity. I have no proof of this. I now have these funds in liquid form and doubt there will be an issue when it comes to them asking me for proof of funds but we will wait and see I guess. There is nothing I can do about it now.

If they really process me and see I meet all requirements they would be pulling at strings to stop me getting a visa due to no proof of funds at application time. I guess I could gather evidence of house prices on my street at time of application!?

Anyways who knows as nobody has been processed under these rules yet and won't be for a long time! (though I see last years processing times dropped at London).
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

bootlecat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by delsol79
Hey,

Yes the simplified application said you must meet all requirements at time of application but it did not say anything about having to provide proof when processed. They cannot call you up on this if they did not specify what proof you should have.

I applied in September 06 and did actually have enough funds in house equity. I have no proof of this. I now have these funds in liquid form and doubt there will be an issue when it comes to them asking me for proof of funds but we will wait and see I guess. There is nothing I can do about it now.

If they really process me and see I meet all requirements they would be pulling at strings to stop me getting a visa due to no proof of funds at application time. I guess I could gather evidence of house prices on my street at time of application!?

Anyways who knows as nobody has been processed under these rules yet and won't be for a long time! (though I see last years processing times dropped at London).
I'm pretty sure its more of an issue if the situation was reversed. i.e. you had the funds when you applied but now you don't
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shahzadandkelly
Andrew, thanks.

Very informative read, thanking my lucky stars as I type....

Wishing the luck runs to lottery ticket this evening!

Any others found luck with this?

Kelly
I also didn't send proof of funds until they asked for it (as advised by the lawyer) and even then I only sent them the bank statement for that month (although I did check with the bank who were happy to verify it in a notarized letter that the funds were available at the time of applying) and that was through Buffalo

P.S. As with other parts of my application that were pretty unconventional, I would advise to follow the guidelines precisely rather than what was done
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bootlecat
Somewhere to stay (either a hotel or a rental property) if you are moving to a big city work on around 2000 CAD for rent a month (and you'll need a deposit of that as well before moving in)
Geez, my girlfriend wanted to move out of her apartment because the rent was rising to $800 a month .

New clothes - Its bitterly cold here, your UK clothes won't cut it
True, but I've spent under $1000 total on a whole new set of outfits including winter stuff for -40C and below; and that's even with my girlfriend telling me that I really do need a dozen pairs of trousers and fifteen shirts.

Food and Generally getting to know your new home
I'd put a car or taxis as a large part of the cost of getting established here unless you can manage to travel by public transport. Even with finance they'll probably want a sizeable deposit, otherwise you'll have to buy something old and crappy for cash... and used cars seem much more expensive here than in the UK.

Back on proof of funds:
Originally Posted by delsol79
They cannot call you up on this if they did not specify what proof you should have.
I'm sure they can, but the odds that they will are probably small provided you can prove you have the funds at the time the application is assessed.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Geez, my girlfriend wanted to move out of her apartment because the rent was rising to $800 a month .

True, but I've spent under $1000 total on a whole new set of outfits including winter stuff for -40C and below; and that's even with my girlfriend telling me that I really do need a dozen pairs of trousers and fifteen shirts.

I'd put a car or taxis as a large part of the cost of getting established here unless you can manage to travel by public transport. Even with finance they'll probably want a sizeable deposit, otherwise you'll have to buy something old and crappy for cash... and used cars seem much more expensive here than in the UK.

Back on proof of funds:

I'm sure they can, but the odds that they will are probably small provided you can prove you have the funds at the time the application is assessed.
Hi MarkG do you know what happens if you go on WP with skilled wp application in and then get fast tracked, do they still require the funds when you land or would proof of house here be enough ? we were thinking of renting ours out if we can't sell when the time comes ?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hey Coffeepot

If you have arranged employment you don't need proof of funds and this would apply to your fast tracked application as you already have a job.

HTH

Cheers
Tom
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hey Coffeepot

If you have arranged employment you don't need proof of funds and this would apply to your fast tracked application as you already have a job.

HTH

Cheers
Tom
Thanks Tom, just reading this thread it had me worried, as you know houses are taking ages to sell here and ours isn't even on market yet,

cheers sue