Proof of experience for TWP

Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Proof of experience for TWP

Morning all,

So I am off to Buffalo in a few days to try and get a new LMO exempt TWP. Now the ambiguity of this route seems to be providing proof of experience in the tech's they require (I am going for a software root). At the moment I have some letters from previous employers saying I used the technologies they required and was generally a very knowledgeable and experienced dev. On top of that I am providing my uni transcripts and a MCP I got back in 2003 which although not in one of the required techs shows my technology ac-cumin.

Lastly I will be providing my resume detailing the techs required and my experience with them in my different job roles.

Can anyone think of any better or other ways to prove your experience with these required techs?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Manek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of experience for TWP

Originally Posted by Loki117
Morning all,

So I am off to Buffalo in a few days to try and get a new LMO exempt TWP. Now the ambiguity of this route seems to be providing proof of experience in the tech's they require (I am going for a software root). At the moment I have some letters from previous employers saying I used the technologies they required and was generally a very knowledgeable and experienced dev. On top of that I am providing my uni transcripts and a MCP I got back in 2003 which although not in one of the required techs shows my technology ac-cumin.

Lastly I will be providing my resume detailing the techs required and my experience with them in my different job roles.

Can anyone think of any better or other ways to prove your experience with these required techs?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp

I understand your NOC is starting with 99.. In above link they mentioned skills for each category. You can print out specific page of your NOC and mark circles on your skills.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Hi Manek,

Yup I understand this process but how do I PROVE that I have these skills? I can show them references but they ask you to show 2 years worth of experience with those tech. I have > 7 years but how do i prove that.

Originally Posted by Manek
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp

I understand your NOC is starting with 99.. In above link they mentioned skills for each category. You can print out specific page of your NOC and mark circles on your skills.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Manek,

Yup I understand this process but how do I PROVE that I have these skills? I can show them references but they ask you to show 2 years worth of experience with those tech. I have > 7 years but how do i prove that.
I think previous employment reference should be fine. You must had done this while applying first time.
Also isnt it possible that you show the appointment letter/contract for your both employers in Canada? Designation and duties of these contracts can also add up proof of skill.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Manek
I think previous employment reference should be fine. You must had done this while applying first time.
Also isnt it possible that you show the appointment letter/contract for your both employers in Canada? Designation and duties of these contracts can also add up proof of skill.
Yup have all of that and like you say I did have to do it the first time but the first time the agent at PEO brought up the point 'How do you prove you know these things?'

I was kinda stumped pointed to my references and Uni transcripts and he took that as proof but didn't seem pleased about it. I think the difficulty comes when your references say things like web development which of course brings in Java script but is not EXPLICIT in it's use.

I guess I am just nervous
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yup have all of that and like you say I did have to do it the first time but the first time the agent at PEO brought up the point 'How do you prove you know these things?'

I was kinda stumped pointed to my references and Uni transcripts and he took that as proof but didn't seem pleased about it. I think the difficulty comes when your references say things like web development which of course brings in Java script but is not EXPLICIT in it's use.

I guess I am just nervous
We submitted same while applying first time at London visa office. As this is LMO exempted, visa officer might be concerned at POE in your case.
But you will be alright..
All the best and share your experience once u come back!!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Loki,

I think you are pretty well prepared - given that you are asking for another (a second) work permit. You should be fine as you have already proven your experience. the officer you are speaking with now won't know which documents you showed last time. He will very likely not be as "conspicious" since he is just renewing!

Good luck and let us know how it went!

b.