Proof of English declaration.

Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:09 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Question Proof of English declaration.

I've done a search and can't quite find the answer to this, so sorry if its already been answered.

I have a decent idea of what i'm going to write, but did people handwrite their letter or send a printed version? Wasn't sure what was for the best
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice
Default Re: Proof of English declaration.

Hiya

We hand wrote ours as it shows you have a good understanding of the written context. Anyone can type and spell check a printed version.

Hope that helps,

Cheers
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We typed ours and the content was along the lines of
Born in England, to Native English speaking parents, educated in english, all training and work has been completed in English. Referred to school exams and sent in copies of reports and workplace appraisals. As Police officers, appraisals are thorough to include communication verbal and written skills, I appreciate that not all workplace appraisals are as detailed
Printed it off
signed it.
We did one for each of us and also a similar document re: French.....where learnt, to what level, workplace use, and old school reports....obviously not the 'native speaking parents part' Of course if you are part French.....you would do that.
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by Falcore
I've done a search and can't quite find the answer to this, so sorry if its already been answered.

I have a decent idea of what i'm going to write, but did people handwrite their letter or send a printed version? Wasn't sure what was for the best
Old Jan 4th 2010, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

I wrote a typed letter declaring that I was a native English speaker who is fluent in speaking, reading, writing and listening in the English language. I stated that I was born in the United Kingdom and all my education and work experience up until my date of leaving for Canada has been in the English. I added that in Canada I have continued to use, exclusively, English. I also passed two GCE examinations in English, as a culmination of my High School education, and copies were attached to the letter.

The last bit regarding the exam copies was probably overkill and you don't need to do that but it does no harm.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Falcore, I hand wrote mine.
Along the lines that have already been quoted.
I blah blah am a British citizen, born in England to English parents educated in England,and hence write & speak English fluently. Made reference to CSE's in English Language & Literature. Certified copies of the CSE's were included with our application.
Hope this helps.
Jimsan.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

caroltanbh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Falcore,
Personally, I think the important thing is where & what it applies to.
In Singapore, we have it typed out, but when we applies it to foreigners, we usually speak to them over the phone & find out how much they understand from our conversation.
Therefore, I guess the best is to find out what the norm is to wherever you are applying it.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:47 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the replies, I guess it doesn't really matter if its handwritten or not, will see what mood takes me!!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

Could I suggest that however you present it the usage of your English (grammar and punctuation are correct). Several posters on this thread are claiming to be fluent in English but haven't yet mastered the possessive apostrophe.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:36 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip! Will get my Mum to check it for me. I am English born and bread but still havn't mastered the art of Spelling, I'm ashamed to say!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip! Will get my Mum to check it for me. I am English born and bread but still havn't mastered the art of Spelling, I'm ashamed to say!
Nor homonyms, evidently.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:05 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

I'm guessing you actually mean Homophones.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing you actually mean Homophones.
I'd guess homophones as well (bread vs bred). This is the sort of spelling mistake an automated spell-checker can't identify.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:28 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Thank you for putting the correct spelling up I knew it was wrong when I typed it but my alternative was breed and I knew that wasn't right either!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by zednought
Could I suggest that however you present it the usage of your English (grammar and punctuation are correct). Several posters on this thread are claiming to be fluent in English but haven't yet mastered the possessive apostrophe.
Let's PM all of our posts to 'zednought' (or is it Lynne Truss?) for grammar clearance and correction before posting.

Last edited by PaulOK; Jan 7th 2010 at 2:32 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hey Paul that's a great idea, cos it suonds lik Zo is well up for it !
Orite San

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.