Proof of Employment for PR

Old Mar 19th 2021, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of Employment for PR

Hi,

I am just wondering if providing paystubs (from the UK) is enough to show proof of employment for mine and my husbands PR application? Or do I really need a letter?

If payslips are enough, how many will I need to provide? I know I don't have them going all the way back to 2001, but I am pretty sure I have (at minium) 2012 til 2014. Would that be enough?

Also, proof of employment, do I need letterheaded letters from canada, or will T4's be enough?

Thanks
Donna

Last edited by donnadooverylittle; Mar 19th 2021 at 3:29 am.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 6:18 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Employment for PR

Originally Posted by donnadooverylittle
Hi,

Hi
I am just wondering if providing paystubs (from the UK) is enough to show proof of employment for mine and my husbands PR application? Or do I really need a letter?

If payslips are enough, how many will I need to provide? I know I don't have them going all the way back to 2001, but I am pretty sure I have (at minium) 2012 til 2014. Would that be enough?

Also, proof of employment, do I need letterheaded letters from canada, or will T4's be enough?

Thanks
Donna
1. Pay stubs and T4s are not sufficient. You require letters from your employers, outlining your position and job duties.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 4:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-check.html
What stream have you applied under? I can't remember .. is it BC PNP or Canadian Experience Class or Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-check.html

The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Old Mar 19th 2021, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have been invited under the PNP program. Getting letters in Canada shouldn't be a problem, but the employer in the UK is a different story. But, they were the employer for myself and husband over 6 years ago. I'm presuming with it being a job within the last 10 years that I need to declare this job (I get no experience points for this job, neither does my husband)

Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2021, 9:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnadooverylittle
Hi,

I have been invited under the PNP program. Getting letters in Canada shouldn't be a problem, but the employer in the UK is a different story. But, they were the employer for myself and husband over 6 years ago. I'm presuming with it being a job within the last 10 years that I need to declare this job (I get no experience points for this job, neither does my husband)

Thanks
It will depend on whether you need the work experience for points - or have used the jobs to gain an invitation for EE / PNP. If neither then you could put them down under your 'history' rather than work experience, thus negating the need for the letters from the UK employers. (there are a few threads on the subject)
Old Mar 21st 2021, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, awesome, thank you. That is good to know. The points we have for ITA are based solely on my education and work here which has enabled us to get BC PNP. None of our previous jobs get us any additional points at all. Plus, 2 of my jobs while working here were under a study permit so they don't count anyway.

It kinda makes me nervous not including them in work history, but good to know that others have done it.

Should my husband's current job still be included in work history?

Thanks