Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of Employment advice - not able to obtain for all employment

Proof of Employment advice - not able to obtain for all employment

Old Dec 4th 2015, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of Employment advice - not able to obtain for all employment

I'm just getting my documents ready to submit my PR application through Express Entry. The application has asked for employment history. I've got most letters of reference from my more recent employers over the past 10 years. But there is one where I don't have for dates 2001-2003. However, I know in the past when I asked if they can write me a reference letter, they said they don't have exact dates as they no longer haver my records as its over 10 years, and since its been such a long time, I'm not sure if they were reluctant to do so.
CIC does say its mandatory to submit work history info, but I'm a bit stuck if i can't get a letter for my employer for this time. I was wondering how strict CIC is, and what else I should do to cover myself. I have a transfer certificate from payroll which gives some information what they've paid me but it's not very detailed. Would this be sufficient to submit as proof of employment?
Old Dec 4th 2015, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Proof of Employment advice - not able to obtain for all employment

Gather whatever documents you have that can prove your experience for that position, payslips, contracts, job offer, letter of resignation etc. Then submit that along with a cover letter explaining the situation.

My Girlfriend couldn't get a letter from one of her employers as the company doesn't exist any more, but we submitted some other documents like I mentioned along with a cover letter and got COPR with no issues.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 2:47 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
I'm just getting my documents ready to submit my PR application through Express Entry. The application has asked for employment history. I've got most letters of reference from my more recent employers over the past 10 years. But there is one where I don't have for dates 2001-2003. However, I know in the past when I asked if they can write me a reference letter, they said they don't have exact dates as they no longer haver my records as its over 10 years, and since its been such a long time, I'm not sure if they were reluctant to do so.
CIC does say its mandatory to submit work history info, but I'm a bit stuck if i can't get a letter for my employer for this time. I was wondering how strict CIC is, and what else I should do to cover myself. I have a transfer certificate from payroll which gives some information what they've paid me but it's not very detailed. Would this be sufficient to submit as proof of employment?
If any of this work experience doesn't go towards your points. Take it out and put in personal history instead. I've been told the checklist only asks for this information for what you put in the WE section when you completed the EE application.

I thought that EE only wanted my experience in one NOC code so I only included that work experience.
Old Dec 4th 2015, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this doublym and beckiwoo. I've got some information which might help cover this particular period from payroll though there are a few other periods in which I worked freelance which i don't have any supporting documents to show I was in employment, as I was self employed, and as it was such a long time ago, I've not kept any tax year reports or pay slips. Those self employed periods would count towards my NOC, but I'm not sure if i should just omit it completely out of my work history section, or include it but just provide a cover letter to explain without any evidence to support it - would my application documents be counted as incomplete if I did include this bit of employment without any supporting evidence?