Proof of citizenship timescales

Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Proof of citizenship timescales

Originally Posted by bewillow
If I remember correctly, applications for a CCC made from an embassy outside of Canada will never show up in ECAS.
ahhhh, that explains it then! Thanks, now I won't bother checking anymore!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
ahhhh, that explains it then! Thanks, now I won't bother checking anymore!
Yes, ours never showed up at all throughout the whole process. the only communication we got from them was the return of the birth certs before the forms were sent to Sydney NS. Not much help when you are waiting to see what is happening, but at least it shows that your application is one step further.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Found the reference on the CHC web site: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

Please note: it is not possible to obtain a status report from the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship, nor is it possible to trace an application made from abroad on the CIC website.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:00 pm
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Can anyone help.......what number did you call to request this be processed urgently?

I called 020 7258 6600 option 2, 2, 1 but there is no one to speak too!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

bob583 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by monkeyboy3
Can anyone help.......what number did you call to request this be processed urgently?

I called 020 7258 6600 option 2, 2, 1 but there is no one to speak too!
Hi Monkeyboy, When i asked for my application to be marked as 'urgent' I had the same problem so sent an e-mail (on the embassy website). The e-mail address that I received the reply from is:
[email protected]
Hope it helps
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:36 pm
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bob583
Hi Monkeyboy, When i asked for my application to be marked as 'urgent' I had the same problem so sent an e-mail (on the embassy website). The e-mail address that I received the reply from is:
[email protected]
Hope it helps
Thanks thats the email address on their recorded message I will email them just now many thanks
Old Mar 10th 2011, 2:25 pm
Banned

Email request sent for urgent application so......
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:32 am
Banned

Thanks thats the email address on their recorded message I will email them just now many thanks
recieved a reply form them, they have returned my application as it had a missing documnet which I was about to send off today....DOH! The instruction pack from the canada CIC website didn't state I had to show her Mum's Uk certificate, but the UK CIC site did....what a nightmare ah well they did say to include a letter requesting this be processed urgently when I return all the doc.......I wish they had in some way contacted me rather than sending it all back and I did tell the missus to send it off LOL!
Old Mar 12th 2011, 11:59 am
Just Joined

bob583 is an unknown quantity at this point

recieved a reply form them, they have returned my application as it had a missing documnet which I was about to send off today....DOH! The instruction pack from the canada CIC website didn't state I had to show her Mum's Uk certificate, but the UK CIC site did....what a nightmare ah well they did say to include a letter requesting this be processed urgently when I return all the doc.......I wish they had in some way contacted me rather than sending it all back and I did tell the missus to send it off LOL!
Sorry to hear that there returning your doc's, By how long has that set you back?
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bob583
Sorry to hear that there returning your doc's, By how long has that set you back?
Documnets are away back this morning..........hopefully its not much of a set back as I have also included a request for urgent process.......will keep you posted on how I get on!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:07 pm
Banned

Hi,

Just a quick update I received an email from CIC london today saying they had received my re-submitted application . They also asked for the details of my wifes's mothers parents (wifes grandparents) name, dates and places of birth.

Not sure why they are asking this as it was not stated on the application form.... anyway I have email back with the details.

Her grandmother is british and her grandfather German..... hopefully thats all they need now
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Hello!

Our kids CCCs arrived in the post today!!

We had requested urgent processing so it only took 3.5 months!

So happy and relieved they finally arrived! Now we just need to update our daughter's uk passport and we're all set to go.

We are planning on traveling on their uk passports; not bothering to get their Cdn ones.

Roll on June 9th - our departure date!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 1:04 pm
Banned

Hello!

Our kids CCCs arrived in the post today!!

We had requested urgent processing so it only took 3.5 months!

So happy and relieved they finally arrived! Now we just need to update our daughter's uk passport and we're all set to go.

We are planning on traveling on their uk passports; not bothering to get their Cdn ones.

Roll on June 9th - our departure date!
Great news you must be delighted........If you don't mind going to send you a PM about a couple of questions
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Now we just need to update our daughter's uk passport and we're all set to go.
It is a lot cheaper to renew UK passports in the UK. Doing it in North America is about twice the cost.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bewillow
It is a lot cheaper to renew UK passports in the UK. Doing it in North America is about twice the cost.
Oh really? Thanks, that's good to know! I wonder if we can just renew their passports (and my hubby's passport) when we're in the uk on visits...

One good thing about the uk (adult) one is it only has to be renewed every 10 years! Might be worth the extra cost to renew in Canada anyway for the kids once they're over 16!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.