Proof of citizenship timescales

Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Proof of citizenship timescales

Just thought I'd let you know guys, I replied to our PPR email asking about the kids CCC. I didn't really expect a reply but just wanted to give them a gentle nudge in hopes that their applications weren't being used as coffee coasters

Anyway, i actually got a response from them a few days later!

They said that 'being as it's Urgent, it would reasonable to expect them within a couple of months".

So here's hoping they'll come soon!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
in hopes that their applications weren't being used as coffee coasters
Don't worry about that - they are using my medicals for that!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by monkeyboy3
Hi bob583....all great info, I have looked at the CIC website to see if I could apply for this urgently but I dont think I have any grounds for this.......I just hope it can be done asap but wont hold by breath.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/cp17-eng.pdf
Chapter CP 17 - Consular Manual
6.13. Urgent cases
Applications are expedited if documents support the need for urgency in the following situations:
• The applicant needs to travel because of death or serious illness in the family, needs a
citizenship certificate in order to obtain a Canadian passport and has no other travel
document;
• The applicant has imminent travel plans for urgent personal reasons (itinerary required),
needs a citizenship certificate in order to obtain a Canadian passport and has no other travel
document;
The applicant is a Canadian citizen and faces the loss of employment or employment
opportunity and needs proof of citizenship;

The applicant is a Canadian, and a potential employer requires proof of citizenship;
• An application has been delayed due to an administrative error;
Any situation in which not expediting the citizenship application harms the applicant, such as
the need to renounce foreign citizenship by a certain date;
or
The applicant needs a citizenship certificate to access certain benefits such as a pension,
Social Insurance Number or health care.
A number of these are relevant if your wife plans to move to Canada...

Last edited by bewillow; Mar 7th 2011 at 3:01 am.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:53 am
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bewillow
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/cp17-eng.pdf

A number of these are relevant if your wife plans to move to Canada...
Hi,

Cant really apply for any these....no one has died or ill, dont have an itinerary, dont have employment set up over there, no dely as yet, no benefits required etc etc
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Hi,

Cant really apply for any these....no one has died or ill, dont have an itinerary, dont have employment set up over there, no dely as yet, no benefits required etc etc
When are you planning to be in Canada? If it's soon, then that alone would be grounds for an urgent request. All u have to do is explain that you want to be there by X date and therefore you need it processed urgently. Worked for us.

If you are still doubtful, then just apply with an urgent request anyway. The worse they can do is say 'no' to the request, but they would still put it through, it would just be via the 'normal' route.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

bob583 is an unknown quantity at this point

When are you planning to be in Canada? If it's soon, then that alone would be grounds for an urgent request. All u have to do is explain that you want to be there by X date and therefore you need it processed urgently. Worked for us.

If you are still doubtful, then just apply with an urgent request anyway. The worse they can do is say 'no' to the request, but they would still put it through, it would just be via the 'normal' route.
I agree with Cowgirl. My urgent request was based on me wanting to be 'in country' to seek employment (I gave them 3 months notice as I am in the process of leaving the Army). I e-mailed this to London and I received a phone call from a very polite young lady who said she would get it expedited. I then received the card 6 weeks later. She did say that I had best part of 39years to get my certificate but she would do what she could....obviously she fell for my charm..
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

monkeyboy3

In the list of reasons above I highlighted the reasons which I would use in your situation.

Remember that without the CCC she can not move to Canada, work, get Canadian benefits (like health insurance, or child benefit). So if she wants to move back to Canada tomorrow, then she needs the CCC. Thus you can make an urgent application.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:40 am
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Cowgirl, Bob, Bewillow....Thanks for the info I just wasn't sure how strict they were on pushing the proof of citizenship through......If this is the case then you are right I will give it a ago.

Basically we can not apply for anything until she has a citizenship status and I can not apply for anything without my PR.

So I sent to application and info off last week so they should have it (next day special delivery) so should I wait for they to confirm they have it etc etc and then request this, or just call then say next week and try my luck?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The CCC application, for rush status, is all about her and how not having it will impact her ability to live and work fully in Canada. None of the reasons have anything to do with immigration applications directly.

So I sent to application and info off last week so they should have it (next day special delivery) so should I wait for they to confirm they have it etc etc and then request this, or just call then say next week and try my luck?
Not sure what this means exactly. What did you send off by special delivery last week?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:39 am
Banned

The CCC application, for rush status, is all about her and how not having it will impact her ability to live and work fully in Canada. None of the reasons have anything to do with immigration applications directly.

Not sure what this means exactly. What did you send off by special delivery last week?
the proof of citizenship application is what I sent of by royal mail next day special deliverly, so they should have recieved it.

I entered my details on CCC to check teh status but doesn't look like they have started processing it......guess I will have to wait till they start that!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Your wife should immediately contact the consulate and tell them that she needs the application processed urgently. They will then ask her to explain why.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:52 am
Banned

Your wife should immediately contact the consulate and tell them that she needs the application processed urgently. They will then ask her to explain why.
Will get her to give them a call and request the application processed urgently under it impacting her ability to live and work fully in Canada
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

the proof of citizenship application is what I sent of by royal mail next day special deliverly, so they should have recieved it.

I entered my details on CCC to check teh status but doesn't look like they have started processing it......guess I will have to wait till they start that!
Good luck with that. It's still not showing up on ecas for me! But I'm sure mine is in the system by now; ecas is not at all dependable.

I hope your phone call goes ok and that they will process it urgently for you!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

If I remember correctly, applications for a CCC made from an embassy outside of Canada will never show up in ECAS.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:38 pm
Banned

Good luck with that. It's still not showing up on ecas for me! But I'm sure mine is in the system by now; ecas is not at all dependable.

I hope your phone call goes ok and that they will process it urgently for you!
Thanks....I will keep you posted as it will need to be tomorrow that she calls (fingers crossed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.