Proof of citizenship timescales

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:57 pm
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough
Default Proof of citizenship timescales

My wife has just sent her Proof of citizenship application and documents off to London to be processed. I can see on the CIC website the timescales are 14 months.

I have heard this is due to back log but I have heard on another forum that someone got it in 7 months.

So thought I would start a new post......basically anyone who has applied for this say in the last 18 months can you let me know.... How long you waited or have been waiting?

Thanks in advance for your posts
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Proof of citizenship timescales

Hi, we applied in Novemeber (see timeline below).

But we're expecting ours to come quickly as it is being processed urgently. I'm really hoping they won't take long, even 7 months is too long for us!

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has gone down the urgent route - how long did it take for you?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

bob583 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by monkeyboy3 View Post
My wife has just sent her Proof of citizenship application and documents off to London to be processed. I can see on the CIC website the timescales are 14 months.

I have heard this is due to back log but I have heard on another forum that someone got it in 7 months.

So thought I would start a new post......basically anyone who has applied for this say in the last 18 months can you let me know.... How long you waited or have been waiting?

Thanks in advance for your posts
Hi,
I applied for my proof of citizenship in Aug 10. I then contacted the High Commission in London asking for it to be processed urgently on 5 Dec 10. I received my shiny new citizenship certificate on 27 Jan 11. I instantly sent it back to london with my passport application and received both back on 11 Feb. So once i asked for it to be processed urgently they certainly acted fast.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:38 pm
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bob583 View Post
Hi,
I applied for my proof of citizenship in Aug 10. I then contacted the High Commission in London asking for it to be processed urgently on 5 Dec 10. I received my shiny new citizenship certificate on 27 Jan 11. I instantly sent it back to london with my passport application and received both back on 11 Feb. So once i asked for it to be processed urgently they certainly acted fast.
Hi bob583....all great info, I have looked at the CIC website to see if I could apply for this urgently but I dont think I have any grounds for this.......I just hope it can be done asap but wont hold by breath.

Once my wife gets it back we will need to apply for passport for her, then PR for me (passports and PR seem to be fairly quick)
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

took us 7 months to get baby's done. no rush asked for (didnt know that was an option, or else would have!)

good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi bob583....all great info, I have looked at the CIC website to see if I could apply for this urgently but I dont think I have any grounds for this.......I just hope it can be done asap but wont hold by breath.

Once my wife gets it back we will need to apply for passport for her, then PR for me (passports and PR seem to be fairly quick)
I am in the process now of sorting out the spousal sponsorship app for my wife and kids.....it's sending me nuts
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:07 pm
Banned

I am in the process now of sorting out the spousal sponsorship app for my wife and kids.....it's sending me nuts
bob I have just had a quick look through the PR forums.......not supprised they are sending you nuts.......love the question on describe your relationship and it gives you 6 lines to complete.....in my case I have been married 2 years, starting going out with the missus 10 year ago and first met when we were 15 at school....add additional info on a bit of paper wont cover where we have been and what we have done in all that time...........jesus!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

bob I have just had a quick look through the PR forums.......not supprised they are sending you nuts.......love the question on describe your relationship and it gives you 6 lines to complete.....in my case I have been married 2 years, starting going out with the missus 10 year ago and first met when we were 15 at school....add additional info on a bit of paper wont cover where we have been and what we have done in all that time...........jesus!!!
Hi Monkeyboy,
In my case i have been married for 16yrs (3 kids). Having been in the Army for 23 yrs, i've been all round the world and they want proof of my contact with her whilst i was away......Good job the wife is the sentimental type and has kept a few of the letters between us.....
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

I know guys - it's a minefield isn't it? But really not too bad once you get your head round it all!

I couldn't have gotten through all the paperwork without this forum.

If there's anything at all you're stuck on - please just ask on here, no matter how silly you think the question may be! Take it from me, I was completely clueless when I first started out. But thankfully there are loads of lovely helpful people on here.... if it wasn't for them I would probably still be filling out forms now!

All the best!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:08 pm
Banned

Hi Monkeyboy,
In my case i have been married for 16yrs (3 kids). Having been in the Army for 23 yrs, i've been all round the world and they want proof of my contact with her whilst i was away......Good job the wife is the sentimental type and has kept a few of the letters between us.....
A bit of common sense should really come into play......the married 16 years and 3 kids should tick the boxes more than enough! Hope it goes well
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I know guys - it's a minefield isn't it? But really not too bad once you get your head round it all!

I couldn't have gotten through all the paperwork without this forum.

If there's anything at all you're stuck on - please just ask on here, no matter how silly you think the question may be! Take it from me, I was completely clueless when I first started out. But thankfully there are loads of lovely helpful people on here.... if it wasn't for them I would probably still be filling out forms now!

All the best!
thanks cowgirl.......I will keep you in mind when I start filling them out LOL
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:57 pm
Banned

Anyone else got timescales that can reply to me please do

Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Anyone else got timescales that can reply to me please do

Thanks

Well CIC posts 10 months on their website for normal proof of citizenship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...processing.asp
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by PMM View Post
Hi

Well CIC posts 10 months on their website for normal proof of citizenship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...processing.asp
Plus 4 months if you are applying outside of Canada.....therefore 14 months
Old Mar 4th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

The Canadian citizen does not have to have a passport. For the PR application, she can just submit a photocopy of her Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (CCC), or even (I expect) a photocopy of her birth certificate if she was born in Canada.

Last edited by bewillow; Mar 4th 2011 at 3:55 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.