Wikiposts

Proof for Canadian relative

Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof for Canadian relative

Hello all! Thanks once again to those of you who helped with information.

More questions (!):
  • My mother (English), has two Canadian (half) brothers. They all share the same father (deceased).
  • She was born with surname 1.
  • She changed her name at some point during her early years to surname 2 when her mother married, I believe.
  • She later married and changed her name to surname 3.
  • She then divorced and remarried some time later and changed her name to surname 4.

We don't have paperwork for some of the name changes and thus, we don't have a complete chain to provide to an immigration officer.

What we do have is:
  • birth certificates for her and brother (naming same father)
  • passport copies for both her and a brother
  • marriage certificate for 2nd marriage (my father)
  • she has a son with the 1st marriage surname who is named on my immigration forms

I'm guessing that this scenario is not all that uncommon (e.g. missing paperwork for this sort of thing), so I'm hoping that because her first and middle name match on her birth certificate and current passport and that the father's name matches on her and her brother's birth certificate and that because she has a son (my half brother), with the 1st married surname, it should tally somewhat. Is a visa officer going to have a problem with this? Should a covering letter providing an explanation and some details suffice along with the documents that I do have?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the Jeremy Kyle nature of the content above!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone had any experience of this? I'm getting a little worried about this
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:38 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

We had gaps (no proof of name changes) in our proof of relative too. We just sent all we had off and hoped for the best. That said we are still waiting for our Medical requests, so can't really help i'm sorry. Good luck with getting yours sortred!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Falcore - I'm sure it's quite a common scenario as it's not uncommon nowadays for people to have been divorced and to have ditched a lot of stuff from a previous relationship.

I'll include everything I can as well as a covering letter for that explaining.

Cheers