proof

Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default proof

how do u show proof to immigration in Canada that u are going to return after your WP has expired? especially when i am going to apply for PR.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future
Default Re: proof

I thnk they like you book a return flight. I did this with Bunac and was not even asked to show my return flight from Canada when i got to immigration control at Vancouver airport.

On the other hand i went for a weeks Holiday in January in Toronto and they gave me a grilling and i was only there on a weeks holiday. It is all dependent on who you get at the airport i think
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:02 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Claire, you don't need to worry about it as you have still nice country to return to if something goes wrong.

The burden of proof is more strictly applied to applicants from third world countries, mainly from countries that are major source of illegal and fraudulent immigration - 90% or more of those applicants will do everything they can to stay in Canada after expiration of their temporary permits and never return home. For them moving to Canada (or any developed country they can get to) is simply an escape from place their see no future and also false hopes that in Canada (US, UK, AU, NZ... take your pick) they will live in paradise, everything will be given them on silver plate and they will live hapilly ever after here without hard work.

It is not the case with Brits and nationals of other developed countries who are not that desperate - in that group less than 5% break immigration law and overstay illegally.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, i asked because ive been researching and thats what ive read...i know i have a nice country to come back too..and im giving everything up for this move...so i will have no house etc to come back to
thanx