Promotion in company

Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

MJfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Promotion in company

Hi, if I've got promoted to a more senior position and level in my company, do I have to write to the CIC office to inform them of that?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:44 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Promotion in company

I was promoted when I was on a work permit here, employer said the existing job description on the permit also suitably described the new role.

Employer has significant responsibility here, take a look at these sections in IRPA:

Contravention of Act

124. (1) Every person commits an offence who

(c) employs a foreign national in a capacity in which the foreign national is not authorized under this Act to be employed.

Deemed knowledge

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(c), a person who fails to exercise due diligence to determine whether employment is authorized under this Act is deemed to know that it is not authorized.

Originally Posted by MJfan
Hi, if I've got promoted to a more senior position and level in my company, do I have to write to the CIC office to inform them of that?