Wikiposts

Processing Times with Work Permit

Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really nice
Default Processing Times with Work Permit

Does anyone have any experience of their PR application being speeded up after an issue of a Work Permit?
AOR - July 2005 - Skilled Worker category
Arrived in Canada Jan 06 under a 1 year work permit which has just been extended until Dec 2007. We have told Immigration of our change of details including 2 changes of address but have yet to hear anything from them.
Also, we keep checking the online tracking service but our Client Number isn't recognised which makes us think they haven't even started looking at our PR application yet!
Any advice/knowledge welcomed!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:43 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing Times with Work Permit

Having work permit and working in Canada is not enough to claim arranged employment and to hope of having application put on faster track in London.

You need to meet all requirements of arranged employment and provide conclusive evidence of it when updating your file. Without it nothing will change.

Originally Posted by Jo Monaghan
Does anyone have any experience of their PR application being speeded up after an issue of a Work Permit?
AOR - July 2005 - Skilled Worker category
Arrived in Canada Jan 06 under a 1 year work permit which has just been extended until Dec 2007. We have told Immigration of our change of details including 2 changes of address but have yet to hear anything from them.
Also, we keep checking the online tracking service but our Client Number isn't recognised which makes us think they haven't even started looking at our PR application yet!
Any advice/knowledge welcomed!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Jo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really nice

[My husband has had arranged employment since Jan 06 and has sent copies of payslips and a letter from his employer. Is there anything else we can do?
Thanks
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

Sorry to sound ignorant...but if you are living and working in Canada with HR approval.....is that not arranged employment??

If not, then what is arranged employment. I thought that you just ticked the "have arranged employment in canada" box when completing the PR forms.

Thanks

Pete
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:49 am

No, it is not an arranged employment as defined for extra points (as well as fast track process in some visa posts) in the PR application, unless circumstances and evidence meet all requirements.

Arranged employment is defined by IRPA Regulations here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2002-227/sec82.html

Please read also section 10.14 of OP06 here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/...h/op/op06e.pdf

As you can see from both above it is much more than working in Canada and having valid work permit to claim arranged employment points and hope for fast tracking of PR process.

Unfortunately too many applicants make wrong assumptions when it comes to arranged employment factor and all other factors affecting PR process.

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

Sorry to sound ignorant...but if you are living and working in Canada with HR approval.....is that not arranged employment??

If not, then what is arranged employment. I thought that you just ticked the "have arranged employment in canada" box when completing the PR forms.

Thanks

Pete
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

[We applied for PR before my husband got a job and have enough points without the arranged employment. We are just hoping that our application will get fast tracked. Is that likely?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:57 am

What needs to be submitted in your husband's circumstances (assuming that he is a principal applicant in PR application of course) is the following:

- valid work permit (work permit must also be valid at the time visa issuance),

- indeterminate job offer stating that person's temporary employment will be converted to full time, permanent position after person becomes a PR,

- proof of working in Canada (payslips and letter from employer)

- updated Schedule 3

- cover letter explaining change in circumstances and asking for adding arranged employment points.

Remember that nothing will happen if you don't specifically ask for it and if you don't submit all what is needed.

[My husband has had arranged employment since Jan 06 and has sent copies of payslips and a letter from his employer. Is there anything else we can do?
Thanks
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:58 am

It may be possible (but there is no guarantee) if you submit at least all what I've listed in my previous post above.

[We applied for PR before my husband got a job and have enough points without the arranged employment. We are just hoping that our application will get fast tracked. Is that likely?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for your help
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What needs to be submitted in your husband's circumstances (assuming that he is a principal applicant in PR application of course) is the following:

- valid work permit (work permit must also be valid at the time visa issuance),

- indeterminate job offer stating that person's temporary employment will be converted to full time, permanent position after person becomes a PR,

- proof of working in Canada (payslips and letter from employer)

- updated Schedule 3

- cover letter explaining change in circumstances and asking for adding arranged employment points.

Remember that nothing will happen if you don't specifically ask for it and if you don't submit all what is needed.
Andrew,
I am currently working in Canada on a work permit. It expires Sept, 2007.
I expect my PR application to be looked at in the next 3 months roughly (AOR Jan 16, 2006 to Buffalo Skilled Worker).
My employer will extend this work permit if my PR visa is not yet complete.
QUESTION: Do you think CIC will give me 10 points if my visa is due to expire in 9.5 months? FYI, All other requirements are met.
QUESTION: Is it worth sending CIC a letter from my employer telling them that they will extend my work permit? Would CIC take that into account?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:55 pm

No need to do anything at this point. Just make sure that your work permit is valid at the time of assessment (so, don't get fired) and until visa issuance.

Originally Posted by Adrian7
Andrew,
I am currently working in Canada on a work permit. It expires Sept, 2007.
I expect my PR application to be looked at in the next 3 months roughly (AOR Jan 16, 2006 to Buffalo Skilled Worker).
My employer will extend this work permit if my PR visa is not yet complete.
QUESTION: Do you think CIC will give me 10 points if my visa is due to expire in 9.5 months? FYI, All other requirements are met.
QUESTION: Is it worth sending CIC a letter from my employer telling them that they will extend my work permit? Would CIC take that into account?