British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Processing times and COVID 19 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/processing-times-covid-19-a-932835/)

Stumpylegs May 23rd 2020 10:19 pm

Processing times and COVID 19

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had an approval email or a COPR letter at all issued during COVID 19?

I passed my 6 months from AOR date Yesterday - have had no updates, and was just assuming delays but then speaking to someone else in a similar boat tonight, who isn't a BE member but uses other sites, combined with the data put on sites like immitracker etc. Who is of the opinion that whilst applications are being processed, they currently aren't issuing approvals etc. and that rather when/if travel restrictions or the like are released they will issue COPR email and letter en mass.

Realise ultimately it's impossible to know exactly what is going on with each individual visa office and application - but just wondered if anyone else had heard the above/or conversely if anyone had got COPR etc in the last 8 weeks?

bc2015 May 24th 2020 2:37 am

Re: Processing times and COVID 19

It's hard to say for sure but there has been a definite slowdown to processing. Some things I have noticed

- No AORs for citizenship applications have been issued since mid-March
- No FSW invites have been issued for Express Entry since March 4th, but there have been invites for CEC/PNP
- IEC invites are paused
- Renewal times for PR cards are now 250+ days.

Seems to me from the above that they are still processing applications for those already in Canada or with Canadian experience (CEC) or those selected by a province (PNP). Other applications are just not a priority.

PMM May 24th 2020 4:16 am

Hi

Originally Posted by bc2015 (Post 12857185)
It's hard to say for sure but there has been a definite slowdown to processing. Some things I have noticed

- No AORs for citizenship applications have been issued since mid-March
- No FSW invites have been issued for Express Entry since March 4th, but there have been invites for CEC/PNP
- IEC invites are paused
- Renewal times for PR cards are now 250+ days.

Seems to me from the above that they are still processing applications for those already in Canada or with Canadian experience (CEC) or those selected by a province (PNP). Other applications are just not a priority.

1. There have been some phone "landings" lately.

tomcobb16 May 25th 2020 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs (Post 12857122)
I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had an approval email or a COPR letter at all issued during COVID 19?

I passed my 6 months from AOR date Yesterday - have had no updates, and was just assuming delays but then speaking to someone else in a similar boat tonight, who isn't a BE member but uses other sites, combined with the data put on sites like immitracker etc. Who is of the opinion that whilst applications are being processed, they currently aren't issuing approvals etc. and that rather when/if travel restrictions or the like are released they will issue COPR email and letter en mass.

Realise ultimately it's impossible to know exactly what is going on with each individual visa office and application - but just wondered if anyone else had heard the above/or conversely if anyone had got COPR etc in the last 8 weeks?

I recently passed the 100% mark (a week ago today) and my application is on the background check section since around December after medicals passed (I am a Inland CEC with BC PNP applicant). I called IRCC and they said everything is looking good in my application but there are some sections of the background check which are still in processing, and with covid-19 around and numerous embassy’s closed around the world it will take longer, but the agent reassured me that immigration is still operating but at a lower capacity, I believe applications that were in progress before covid-19 was serious were to still be processed. I’ve heard of some people also having telephone landings and not having to do certain steps such as PPR and are being issued COPR’s instead, with the applicant being asked to send in pictures for the PR card to be processed. I guess we have to wait a little longer and remain patient, but hopefully PPR’s/COPR’s will happen again soon! I’m keeping an eye on myimmitracker too, as people seem to be pretty good at updating their status on there! Keep us updated though Stumpylegs :)

Stumpylegs May 25th 2020 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by tomcobb16 (Post 12857514)
I recently passed the 100% mark (a week ago today) and my application is on the background check section since around December after medicals passed (I am a Inland CEC with BC PNP applicant). I called IRCC and they said everything is looking good in my application but there are some sections of the background check which are still in processing, and with covid-19 around and numerous embassy’s closed around the world it will take longer, but the agent reassured me that immigration is still operating but at a lower capacity, I believe applications that were in progress before covid-19 was serious were to still be processed. I’ve heard of some people also having telephone landings and not having to do certain steps such as PPR and are being issued COPR’s instead, with the applicant being asked to send in pictures for the PR card to be processed. I guess we have to wait a little longer and remain patient, but hopefully PPR’s/COPR’s will happen again soon! I’m keeping an eye on myimmitracker too, as people seem to be pretty good at updating their status on there! Keep us updated though Stumpylegs :)

Will do - yea Immitracker whilst obviously only a small percentage of total applications does seem to give a general idea of how things are moving, there's nothing out land been issued for 8 weeks or so now when i checked the other day. My application is in a similar update to yours, think it was biometrics accepted and medical passed mid december - so far nothing since.

It is what it is and can't be changed/rushed and sort of dont expect to hear anything till post COVID 19 - but the not knowing is semi awkward - plan originally was for a soft landing in the next 6/7 weeks or so if there were no delays, and if not a summer holiday and an activation of my partners work permit.

tomcobb16 May 26th 2020 5:28 pm

Just wanted to provide an update for anyone following this thread, I received an electronic copy of my COPR today around 10:15AM in BC, absolutely relieved is an understatement! I guess they’ve modified their landing/approval procedures as I did not get PPR email, just COPR! Good luck to everyone still waiting, it will happen :D

Siouxie May 26th 2020 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by tomcobb16 (Post 12858185)
Just wanted to provide an update for anyone following this thread, I received an electronic copy of my COPR today around 10:15AM in BC, absolutely relieved is an understatement! I guess they’ve modified their landing/approval procedures as I did not get PPR email, just COPR! Good luck to everyone still waiting, it will happen :D

Inland applications are different, generally speaking.. I got my COPR at my Inland Landing Interview :D (years ago......) PPR is usually for those residing out of Canada.

Congrats though! :D

Stumpylegs May 28th 2020 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by tomcobb16 (Post 12858185)

Congratulations.