Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Processing time for Sponsored spouse family class

Processing time for Sponsored spouse family class

Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing time for Sponsored spouse family class

I know they state rough times on the CIC site, but what is the realistic time people are experiencing when applying as a spouse through the family class.

Thank you.

Forgot to mention we are being processed through Mississauga.

Last edited by leecyndisanders; Aug 1st 2008 at 1:50 am.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:45 am
Just Joined

mdearsley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing time for Sponsored spouse family class

I sponsored my wife to come back to Canada with me 3 years ago. If you take the time to fill all the forms in properly (it takes a while!) Mississauga should check the forms within a few weeks. If all's ok, they'll then send them to your local consulate for processing (I'd guess London?). Then they do the processing.

I originally sent the application in March. Got it sent back as we'd missed a signature a few weeks later. Signed, and sent back to Mississauga for checking and then London approved it in Sept. She landed here in Oct. 6 months. I'd say that's a good amount of time at the minimum to leave. Go over all the instrucions (which are poorly organized, but the checklists work fine) with a fine tooth comb. Leave nothing out even if it sounds irrelevant.

A friend didn't spend much time on the forms, and it took him over 2 years to process. Take the time to do the paperwork in minute detail, and you'll save at least twice that in processing time. (by the way, I took 3 months to get all the necessary forms and certificates done, but it did pay off).

Hope it's what you're after!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

My spouse sponsored me through the family class (we were both resident in the UK at the time), we posted our forms on the 20th December 2006 (to Missisauga) and had the visa in my passport 19th April 2007 (so only 4 months).

However, we spent at least 3-4 months prior to this pulling together all the necessary paperwork. As the previous reply states, the forms are not the clearest of documents to follow and if in doubt whether or not to supply certain info then supply it. The checklists do seem to help though.

Hope this helps?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply,

I am currently in Germany with forces and was told by the Berlin embassy to send our complete pack and pay online through Mississauga (confirmed with Mississauge by phone).

Would this mean they will probably process the sponsor and Permenant residency aswell or are they likely to send the residency to another office.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:41 am
Just Joined

mdearsley is an unknown quantity at this point

They check all the applications in Mississauga...doesn't matter where you're starting from. Once it's all ok (i's crossed and t's dotted ) then they'll send it to your local consulate for them to actually process. You may need an interview, and this is where it would happen.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:47 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
Thanks for the reply,

I am currently in Germany with forces and was told by the Berlin embassy to send our complete pack and pay online through Mississauga (confirmed with Mississauge by phone).

Would this mean they will probably process the sponsor and Permenant residency aswell or are they likely to send the residency to another office.
Mississauga handles the sponsorship part of the application only. If they approve that part of it, they forward the permanent residence application to the Canadian visa office that handles applications for the country of which the sponsoree is a citizen or resident. It is the Canadian visa office in the foreign location that processes the sponsoree's permanent residence application.
x
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

I started in Feb ish and sent it at the end of Feb. Mississauga dealt with this in a week. They sent it off to London and I have today had confirmation that they require no further documentation and want the fee for the PR. I expect it soon, so 5 months ish. Not too long at all
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:12 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
I started in Feb ish and sent it at the end of Feb. Mississauga dealt with this in a week. They sent it off to London and I have today had confirmation that they require no further documentation and want the fee for the PR. I expect it soon, so 5 months ish. Not too long at all
3 months for me
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:29 am
Just Joined

HLKG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
3 months for me
And for me - see timeline below. But as with the other posters it took us a while to get all the paperwork together and check and double-check that it was all in place...
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

While ago now but 3mths for us too. They stated at the time (don't know if they still do) that their aim was to process everyone in that class within 6mths, and they kindly asked that you therefore not contact them before 6mths is up... Obviously some cases take longer but anecdotally, 3mths seems to be about it for conclusive applications through Mississauga/London.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Dr.T is an unknown quantity at this point

We started accumulating the required documents and filling them in mid Sept last year; submitted them to Mississuaga in mid Nov; Sponsorship approved mid Dec; sent to CHC London and PPR received Mid March; visa obtained mid April; 'Landed' at Vancouver airport 9th July and currently awaiting PR cards - hopefully they arrive sometime this month.

My perspective is to take the time up front to make sure you fill in all the documents fully and correctly and supply whatever you can to support your bone fide relationship (easier said than done!): it should be clear sailing from then on.

Best of luck!

Dr.T
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice

I was reading this thread last Friday and fretting that Mississauga hadn't yet acknowledge receipt of our sponsored spouse application; however, came home that evening to find the letter on the doormat! It took just over 5 weeks from posting to receive a response, which is pretty good going I think. Now hopefully we'll hear back from London within a few months!

Just for comparisons, we first started idly looking at the forms in January, but it took several months of really settling in to read through all the various requirements and collating material before we were ready to send off. I'd say give yourself a good 2-3 months of reading and re-reading forms, booking medicals, getting police checks etc before submitting. Trying to do it all in one big push is probably enough to scramble anyone's brain!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ADAMC
My spouse sponsored me through the family class (we were both resident in the UK at the time), we posted our forms on the 20th December 2006 (to Missisauga) and had the visa in my passport 19th April 2007 (so only 4 months).

However, we spent at least 3-4 months prior to this pulling together all the necessary paperwork. As the previous reply states, the forms are not the clearest of documents to follow and if in doubt whether or not to supply certain info then supply it. The checklists do seem to help though.

Hope this helps?
hi, we are about to do the same (sponsor spouse whilst both in uk). The forms are a nightmare! Can i ask a couple things. Firstly, you do have the medical and put whatever the doc gives you in with the application yeah? As we are waiting for hubby to have his medical in a couple weeks before we send off app.
Also, it says you need proof of our intention to return to canda. Neither of us have got jobs to go to, nor a uni place, and we haven't bought or rented over there yet. The only thing we have is that we have sold our house, we are hoping proof of that is enough to say we are severing ties over here. What do you think? Also, do you think it matter, as me (the sponsor) is a stay at home mum, i have no funds of my own to keep hubby! Does that matter? Would really appreciate any advise anyone has got to give!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Hey there

All you need to send for proof of intention to live in Canada is a signed letter from the Sponsor of you both to say that these are your intentions. Pretty much its the same with anything that you are not sure of. ie send them an accompanying letter.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

srp353 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
3 months for me
3 months from the package sent or application received by Mississauga office or since the london office started processing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.