Processing Time - PR

Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice
Default Processing Time - PR

Hi

How long is the processing time for skilled-based Independent migration on the points system (Permanent Residency) for Canada?. I hear varied reports of months to years. I do not have a job lined up?, but do have enough points.

Also, I am a qualified and experiences teacher and also qualfied and been working in Careers Advising with UK quals and experience. Are there any other Careers Advisers out there holding the QCG / DipCG who have gone from the UK to Canada?.....

Was it easy to find work?, any good job websites? etc etc.

Thanks

Gordo
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:11 am
we aint goin' back,no way

loose moose will become famous soon enoughloose moose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Processing Time - PR

if you're talking about the Skilled Worker Application (without job offer) I believe you could be looking at anything between three and four years!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice

Waoh, I can see how encouraging that is to well-qualified, and experienced people? Maybe get a job in a puppet factory? (aka the World Arse.....ociation of politicians).

ho ho ho
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:52 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordo Marshall
Hi

How long is the processing time for skilled-based Independent migration on the points system (Permanent Residency) for Canada?. I hear varied reports of months to years. I do not have a job lined up?, but do have enough points.

Also, I am a qualified and experiences teacher and also qualfied and been working in Careers Advising with UK quals and experience. Are there any other Careers Advisers out there holding the QCG / DipCG who have gone from the UK to Canada?.....

Was it easy to find work?, any good job websites? etc etc.

Thanks

Gordo
More like 4 + without a job.

Tip - get a job on a work permit to bolster your application.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:53 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Much, much longer. Current AOR's from CHC London say not to expect any contact for at least 49 months. After that time, once case gets up in the queue applicant will be asked for full application package with all supporting evidence and will be given 4 months to do so. Then another 4 to 6 months for assessment, background, security and medical checks. So, it will be at least 5 years all together, providing that processing times won't get longer in the meantime....
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Waoh, I can see how encouraging that is to well-qualified, and experienced people? Maybe get a job in a puppet factory? (aka the World Arse.....ociation of politicians).

ho ho ho
Laugh all you want...

It is your problem, not Canada's. Canada now prefers applicants (well qualified and experienced) with arranged employment in skilled occupations, not PhD's who will deliver pizzas or drive taxis... and so far number of applications with arranged employment is sufficient to take all available visa quotas. Sorry to be brutal here, but seems you need some touch of reality.

If you are so qualified and experienced then you need one more thing - adaptability. This means you must be able to find arranged employment in Canada. If you can't find one under current extreme shortage of skilled workers in Canada then maybe your skills are not needed and/or you just don't have what it takes (and what others who found arranged employment have).....

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Oct 30th 2007 at 3:03 am.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies

To the lovely, gorgeous and grumble bum who sugeests get a dose of reality, I suggest you maybe get yourself booked in for your sense of humour by-pass? I was only having a joke, like we do in the NW of England.

No worries
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:45 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Andrew's just like that. You'll learn to love him.

Maybe.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies

To the lovely, gorgeous and grumble bum who sugeests get a dose of reality, I suggest you maybe get yourself booked in for your sense of humour by-pass? I was only having a joke, like we do in the NW of England.

No worries
I think you'll find that's a sense of humour transplant! a by-pass will not cure the deficiency.

But I do agree with Andrew, I too am a skilled worker who looked back in 2002 to apply for PR here but was put off by the waiting times (2 years). I looked again in 2006 and it had gotten far worse (5 years), I opted to go LMO/WP/PNP/PR which expedites the whole process (6-18 months). If you are serious about coming here and have the talent why not look at the WP option. there are numerous post on the issue.

Thomas
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:02 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
I think you'll find that's a sense of humour transplant! a by-pass will not cure the deficiency.

But I do agree with Andrew, I too am a skilled worker who looked back in 2002 to apply for PR here but was put off by the waiting times (2 years). I looked again in 2006 and it had gotten far worse (5 years), I opted to go LMO/WP/PNP/PR which expedites the whole process (6-18 months). If you are serious about coming here and have the talent why not look at the WP option. there are numerous post on the issue.

Thomas
Exactly what I did Thomas.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:11 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician

Thomas
Exactly what I need to do!!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Exactly what I need to do!!!!!
There! There Andrew! Don't let that mean Northner bring you down. LOL!

What I like about Andrew, Gordo Marshall, is that you'll get the answers to your questions from him if you ask. People normally pay him good money for that out of Cycberspace too. He is great like that. He'll give you no nonsense answers and be frank about things but when it comes to moving over here you have to take a serious stance to an extent and I believe that is all Andrew tries to get people to take on board. It aint easy and it aint quick. I think some one should start the "Andrew Fan club" thread. LOL!