Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Processing Fee for Skilled Worker Application

Processing Fee for Skilled Worker Application

Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:43 am
misty

forde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing Fee for Skilled Worker Application

Hi 2 questions again

(1) Could some one tell me what monies i need to include with my application for my wife and I . I have seen that it os
Applicant: $550 (processing fee) + $975 (RPRF
Spouse/Partner: $550 (processing fee) + $975 (RPRF)

totalling $3050.00 Canadian Dollars

(2) I want to pay this money by purchasing a Bank Draft in Ireland issued for Canadian Dollars. I have read from CHC web Site
"The fee must be paid by bank draft in Canadian Dollars and can be purchased at most major banks. This draft should be made payable to:
THE RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA" , thats hunky dory ......

But then the CHC says that "WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Canadian dollar drafts drawn on banks outside of Canada"

To me these are one and the same thing . If i cannot get a bank Draft from a bank Outside Canada then it means i have to go to canada to get a bank Draft from a Canadian Bank.

Can some one explain

Regards, Forde.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Fee for Skilled Worker Application

Could some one tell me what monies i need to include with my application for my wife and I
You only have to include the processing fee now, but will have to pay the landing fee later if you get a visa. Well, that's all I've paid, anyway.

I just went to my UK bank and they gave me a Canadian dollar draft drawn on their branch in Canada, from what I remember.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:09 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You are confused.

When getting draft from your bank simply request it to be not only in CAD and made payable to "Receiver General for Canada" but also to be drawn on bank in Canada.

Your bank will know what to do.

And pls don't listen to those telling you that you don't need to pay RPRF now. If you are applying through CHC London then they clearly require on their website to have RPRF included with application. Nobody will return your application if submitted without it, but it will result in long delays in processing.

Originally Posted by forde
Hi 2 questions again

(1) Could some one tell me what monies i need to include with my application for my wife and I . I have seen that it os

(2) I want to pay this money by purchasing a Bank Draft in Ireland issued for Canadian Dollars. I have read from CHC web Site
"The fee must be paid by bank draft in Canadian Dollars and can be purchased at most major banks. This draft should be made payable to:

To me these are one and the same thing . If i cannot get a bank Draft from a bank Outside Canada then it means i have to go to canada to get a bank Draft from a Canadian Bank.

Can some one explain

Regards, Forde.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

The CHC web site says:

"Applicants for permanent residence in Canada _may_ submit the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($975) at the time they submit their application. The processing fee is still required when submitting an application." (my emphasis)

I agree, though, it will obviously delay getting the visa if they have to ask for the payment later.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:24 am
Dazed & Confused

therobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud oftherobbos has much to be proud of

We applied for PR in March 2005, and at that time we paid all the fees in one go. I am with First Direct Bank and I asked them to provide me with a Bankers draft in Canadian Dollars....which they did. I included all the fees so that it would not be an issue later on. I have had my application accepted and it is now in process...just another year an a half to go I bet!!!!

So to answer your question...I don't think you will need to do the Canadian thing with banking, just approach your bank with an enquiry for international services and hey presto. They charged me £14 for the privilege!!

Hope this helps a bit..good luck

Mark

Originally Posted by forde
Hi 2 questions again

Can some one explain

Regards, Forde.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
And pls don't listen to those telling you that you don't need to pay RPRF now. If you are applying through CHC London then they clearly require on their website to have RPRF included with application. Nobody will return your application if submitted without it, but it will result in long delays in processing.
Far be it from me to question a seasoned and respected expert on the forums...I definitely do not wish to offend someone who offers so much advice for free and who will no doubt be a source of rich information for us...but the CHC site does not 'clearly' require RPRF to be paid with the application. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, their Fees faq addresses the issue as follows;

"When do I have to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee?

The Right of Permanent Residence fee can be paid at the same time as the processing fee when you submit your application or at any time during the processing of your application. Once the processing of your application has been completed, we will ask you to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee if you have not already done so. Your visa will be issued only when you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence fee."

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/g...imm_e.htm#Fees

I can understand that there might be a delay if they have to ask for it, but its not the same as them demanding it up front, and the interest is better accrued in our bank and not theirs!

M