Procedure to start with -

Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

phoenixdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Procedure to start with -

Hello All,
I am new to this forum, I am bascially working for past 3 years in USA on H1B, I would like to apply for PR in Canada. What is the procedure that i need to do for that. Should i have to contact a consultant for this or is there is some government authorities to which i can follow up.

Please give me your guidance.

Thanks,
Prabu
Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:01 pm
xxx
Forum Regular

xxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Procedure to start with -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html

Help your self, You should have seached in this fourm or atleast in google to get the basic thing ,
Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by xxx
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html

Help your self, You should have seached in this fourm or atleast in google to get the basic thing ,
Hai,
I checked this site, but i thought of getting practical views and tips in starting the process.

thanks
Old Jun 26th 2004, 10:14 pm
xxx
Forum Regular

xxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by phoenixdude
Hai,
I checked this site, but i thought of getting practical views and tips in starting the process.

thanks
Should i have to contact a consultant for this or is there is some government authorities to which i can follow up.

The above line is not correct, there are no govt autorities to followup, Either you file yourself or take the help of a Lawyer ,

The immigrations lawyers will be more helpful for documentaion of your case, they may charge you 2 to 3 k, ( I don't know the exact amount)

But if you decide to file your self , that is fine too !
For you and for your spouse
1) proper Education proof , i.e sealed certifed transcripts from the education institutions you attended
2) IELTS which is a better option, or Proof of Language ,
3) Letters of Experience and proof of your work experice like w2 , pay stubs, offer letter , taxreturns

Pcc etc you can submit at the later stage too !

My advice is to submit strong documentaion supporting you case so that you will not be called for an interview, Just getting an interview will dealy your case a min of 10 months

Pro's of Using a immigration lawyer is : He will guide you in proper documentation ,
also check in groups.yahoo.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigration_info/files/
you can join this group and unders the files (it is on left side)
you can find file-index.doc and some ajits notes folder which has canada immigration info

Good Luck
Old Jun 27th 2004, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by xxx
Should i have to contact a consultant for this or is there is some government authorities to which i can follow up.

...Good Luck
Thanks a lot XXX, I really appreciate your help.