Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

Oh good luck DNS, what a bloody nightmare. Hope it is soon sorted x
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

More incompetence!!

By daughter had the urine results from her GP as the DMP suggested but despite the DMP telling us that it was OK just to send them to the CHC we are now told that the samples will have to be done by the DMP.

I now have to make arrangements for my daughter to go to Manchester on 2 seperate occasions, just to provide urine samples.

I really wish that the DMP and the CHC would just talk to each other and agree the bottom line. I am so fed up with these moving goalposts
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basildog
We had same thing with our teenage daughter. 1 extra test was not enough. We had to do 2 tests on seperate days to avoid any further issue we also had the other tests done to avoid anymore issues. We had our medicals in London but as we love in Manchester we used the sameday doctor in the city centre. Not cheap but all tests done in 1 week and 8 page report provided which seems to make CIC happy. We got passport requests 2 weeks later (Sept 2009).

Good luck

Chris
Are you saying that the CHC accepted samples not done by the DMP? How did you get them to accept that?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

I do feel for you. It seems like the quest for the Holy Grail sometimes - doesn't it !!

Hang in there and I am sure it will all work itself out eventually. What is more disconcerting is the fact that time is ticking and from the original medical it gives you a year to Land. I bet they don't take into account the delays through second medicals and lost mail etc.

JET
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

basildog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Are you saying that the CHC accepted samples not done by the DMP? How did you get them to accept that?
Yes they accepted tests not done by the DMP. The DMP sent in the results to CIC and he was the one that recommended having them done in Manchester to avoid having to keep going back to London for retests.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by basildog
Yes they accepted tests not done by the DMP. The DMP sent in the results to CIC and he was the one that recommended having them done in Manchester to avoid having to keep going back to London for retests.
Thanks. I will speak to them again tomorrow.