Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

We had our first 90 day letter/med requests last Spring. We had medicals done May/June time and sent all the other info/fees requested.

We then had another 90 day letter dated 24th August asking for updated police checks for my 2 oldest children still in the UK. We sent those.

Having not heard anything else I sent a case specific enquiry last week and I have had a reply as follows:

This is to advise that additional medical information for Laura was requested on 28 August 2009. Please confirm that you received this letter and that you have subsequently provided this information.

I had no request for further medical info and I have double checked the letter which asked for updated police checks and there is definitely no mention of further medical information.

The only problem that Laura (my daughter) had was that she had a urine infection which she had to have treated and then she had the test repeated and the results were sent to the immigration practitioner. She also called them to check that they had received it and that it was OK.

Has anyone else had an experience like this. I thought that if there was a problem with a medical, the immigration practitioner was supposed to tell you. My daughter is fit and well and has never had anything worse than a cold.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with medical - could this be a CHC error

Hi
I would call the DMP who did your medicals to ask if they hold records of what they send to CHC.....then ask if those results were on there. If not, then you can arrange to get copies and get them sent in. I can't believe that CHC have let this much time pass since allegedly sending out a letter and getting no response from you. You only have a year from the date of your medicals to land...or you have to start the process again.

Once you know what info the DMP sent....do another case specific e-mail and tell them it has been sent or not and take advice.
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
We had our first 90 day letter/med requests last Spring. We had medicals done May/June time and sent all the other info/fees requested.

We then had another 90 day letter dated 24th August asking for updated police checks for my 2 oldest children still in the UK. We sent those.

Having not heard anything else I sent a case specific enquiry last week and I have had a reply as follows:

This is to advise that additional medical information for Laura was requested on 28 August 2009. Please confirm that you received this letter and that you have subsequently provided this information.

I had no request for further medical info and I have double checked the letter which asked for updated police checks and there is definitely no mention of further medical information.

The only problem that Laura (my daughter) had was that she had a urine infection which she had to have treated and then she had the test repeated and the results were sent to the immigration practitioner. She also called them to check that they had received it and that it was OK.

Has anyone else had an experience like this. I thought that if there was a problem with a medical, the immigration practitioner was supposed to tell you. My daughter is fit and well and has never had anything worse than a cold.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good idea, I will try tomorrow. I have asked the CHC exactly what they asked for and I am waiting on a reply.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

OK. I called the DMP in Manchester and they confirm that the only problem was a urine infection which she had treated and was resolved. I have asked the CHC to clarify exactly what they need and they have not replied as yet. This is driving me crazy!

I still don`t get that they would send me one letter on 24th August requesting updated police checks and send another one (so they say) on 28th August asking for more medical info. It just doesn`t feel right, the only letter to go astray is one that doesn`t make sense.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Send them another e-mail (case specific) telling them what the DMP told you . Then wait for the answer AGAIN !
Good luck
Stef

OK. I called the DMP in Manchester and they confirm that the only problem was a urine infection which she had treated and was resolved. I have asked the CHC to clarify exactly what they need and they have not replied as yet. This is driving me crazy!

I still don`t get that they would send me one letter on 24th August requesting updated police checks and send another one (so they say) on 28th August asking for more medical info. It just doesn`t feel right, the only letter to go astray is one that doesn`t make sense.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Latest update.

The CHC in London have emailed me a copy of the letter that they say they sent to me on 28th August. In fact, it was sent to the DMP, not me and presumably the DMP has not taken the appropriate action. What they requested was:

REPEAT URINALYSIS, IF THERE IS PERSISTENT PROTEINURIA GREATER THAN "TRACE" ON 2 URINE
SPECIMENS TAKEN ON SEPARATE DAYS, SERUM CREATININE AND A RANDOM URINE PROTEIN TO CREATININE
RATIO ARE REQUIRED.

In fact, Laura did get a clear specimin and a copy of the report was sent to the DMP, we also confirmed with them that they had received it.

Oh...and the DMP`s office say that they can`t tell me whether or not the appropriate action was taken as only one secretary understands the filing system and she is off at the moment so there is nothing more that they can do.

Oh, and by the way, just for anyone who wants to know, the medicals were done in Manchester.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:44 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Latest update.

The CHC in London have emailed me a copy of the letter that they say they sent to me on 28th August. In fact, it was sent to the DMP, not me and presumably the DMP has not taken the appropriate action. What they requested was:

REPEAT URINALYSIS, IF THERE IS PERSISTENT PROTEINURIA GREATER THAN "TRACE" ON 2 URINE
SPECIMENS TAKEN ON SEPARATE DAYS, SERUM CREATININE AND A RANDOM URINE PROTEIN TO CREATININE
RATIO ARE REQUIRED.

In fact, Laura did get a clear specimin and a copy of the report was sent to the DMP, we also confirmed with them that they had received it.

Oh...and the DMP`s office say that they can`t tell me whether or not the appropriate action was taken as only one secretary understands the filing system and she is off at the moment so there is nothing more that they can do.

Oh, and by the way, just for anyone who wants to know, the medicals were done in Manchester.
Honestly what a nightmare. I would call back and demand to either speak to the DMP who dealt with this or the Practice Manager and tell them you want it sorted today. They just can't be bothered to try and find the info for you so are passing the buck.

Hope you get it sorted
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ditto what AmyDavid says
Nightmare
lol
Stef

QUOTE=AmyDavid;8304784]Honestly what a nightmare. I would call back and demand to either speak to the DMP who dealt with this or the Practice Manager and tell them you want it sorted today. They just can't be bothered to try and find the info for you so are passing the buck.

Hope you get it sorted [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Already done that, and faxed a copy of the CHC letter to them. I am furious but they still say that they can`t do anything at the moment. I have to call back on Thursday.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

HI
Just have to play the waiting game now....you have done all you can for now
lol
Stef

Already done that, and faxed a copy of the CHC letter to them. I am furious but they still say that they can`t do anything at the moment. I have to call back on Thursday.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

I know. I`m still hopping mad though. Thanks for all your support.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:48 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

that's awful, it's hard enough waiting without incompetence to add to it. wishing you loads of luck, hope they pull their finger out for you
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, not more incompetence! I shouldn't be surprised! How frustrating for you, I reckon it's just a paperwork exercise to put things back on track now.......
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

basildog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by terese677
that's awful, it's hard enough waiting without incompetence to add to it. wishing you loads of luck, hope they pull their finger out for you
We had same thing with our teenage daughter. 1 extra test was not enough. We had to do 2 tests on seperate days to avoid any further issue we also had the other tests done to avoid anymore issues. We had our medicals in London but as we love in Manchester we used the sameday doctor in the city centre. Not cheap but all tests done in 1 week and 8 page report provided which seems to make CIC happy. We got passport requests 2 weeks later (Sept 2009).

Good luck

Chris
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Update

I finally got to speak to the secretary who could access our files. She says that the doctor never received any such letter from the CHC and that it would have been sent to me directly (even though it was addressed to him).

They have suggested that we get 2 samples done on 2 seperate occasions and that we can either send them directly to the CHC or we can sent them to their clinic in Manchester and they will forward them.

My daughter actually had samples checked in December and January with her GP so they have agreed to provide copies which I intend to scan and email to London. Hopefully they will accept email copies but I may send the hard copies as follow up just in case.

I am really hoping for PPR soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.