Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problems with IMM1295 application..

Problems with IMM1295 application..

Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with IMM1295 application..

hi all

Currently signed into myCIC, and I'm struggling with uploading my filled in copy of the above form (Application for work permit made outside of canada)

Going to be travelling under International Experience Canada (working holiday)

I've tried filling in the form electronically, and it constantly fetches up an error saying I have completed entries of the form incorrectly...

1. - There is a part on the form asking for your prospective employers details.
Now the recruitment company i'm using say it isn't necessary to fill this in, as currently I haven't yet been designated an employer for when i travel.

Ive tried printing out the form and scanning it into the computer, but on clicking upload brings up another error stating a paper copy cannot be uploaded, when it CLEARLY STATES on the guidance page beforehand that this is an acepted method?

Im tearing my hair out here, and was arguing with the laptop for 3 hours last night trying to get this bloody form uploaded.

Anyone else encountered problems?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:27 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with IMM1295 application..

Try putting NA in that field. It may need an entry and that would seem to fit your situation.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

should I put N/A in ever single field that I don't fill in then? Bearing in mind some will only allow a numerical input...
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Doing my head in. Managed to upload the IMM5645 no problem at all. Surely any input errors would be picked up when I click validate? Which works fine
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Okay finally got it. On the 'Intended location of employment in canada' I was putting 'SK' as the province as I know i'll be in saskatcchewan, but leaving the other parts either with n/a or blank.

I removed all parts of this part of the form and it uploaded straight away..We live and learn. Thanks for the input mr Jim
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pbut
should I put N/A in ever single field that I don't fill in then? Bearing in mind some will only allow a numerical input...
Put N/A in every field that you can, rather than leaving it blank. CIC have a nasty habit of returning applications for having blank boxes!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Put N/A in every field that you can, rather than leaving it blank. CIC have a nasty habit of returning applications for having blank boxes!
From what I remember I did this. Except for the UCI number which i dont have (first time applying) and the address columns for details of the prospective employer. All sent off, fingers crossed it goes okay!