Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problem! Volcanic ash and landing in time!

Problem! Volcanic ash and landing in time!

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

sea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nice
Default Re: Problem! Volcanic ash and landing in time!

Originally Posted by Clematis
No he won't be as his medical anniversary is today, it is great news for others though. Whilst I have every sympathy for the OP, in my opinion it shows why you should not leave it until the last minute to activate your PR.

There are too many things that could go wrong.
All landed, no problems

Can't think of too many things that I have read on here that have gone wrong with people choosing their timings, and exceptional volcanic eruptions indicate that exceptional circumstances are treated exceptionally by CIC.

Had an email from CHC London which said that these circumstances would have resulted in no extra charge of admin fees, which was very good of them.

I think it's down to the individual, if you're a worrier, do it quickly, if not, just do it within the due date... it's why it's there!

Thanks for absolutely all of the feedback (even the stuff we disagree upon!), I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I work out how to gradually make my move from UK to BC over the coming months
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:49 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sea_sider
All landed, no problems

Can't think of too many things that I have read on here that have gone wrong with people choosing their timings, and exceptional volcanic eruptions indicate that exceptional circumstances are treated exceptionally by CIC.

Had an email from CHC London which said that these circumstances would have resulted in no extra charge of admin fees, which was very good of them.

I think it's down to the individual, if you're a worrier, do it quickly, if not, just do it within the due date... it's why it's there!

Thanks for absolutely all of the feedback (even the stuff we disagree upon!), I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I work out how to gradually make my move from UK to BC over the coming months
Good luck, glad it worked out for you.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:19 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

All landed, no problems

I am happy it worked out for you, I was just pointing out that Murphy's Law can work in mysterious ways, and that it was a fine example of what could go wrong. I mean who would have thought a volcano could cause this sort of meltdown (excuse the pun).

I doubt that CHC making this sort of exception is going to be a common thing, and people should still not leave landing until the last minute.

Out of interest, did you land on the 22nd the anniversary of your medical?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

sea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clematis
Out of interest, did you land on the 22nd the anniversary of your medical?
Hi Clem, yes, 22nd it was. I am correct in thinking that you were wondering if the 21st would be the last date? Given the medical was on the 22nd, technically it becomes a year and a day then (unless I had my medical on the 23rd and I forgot!)
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Glad to hear it all worked out.

Welcome to Canada
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:42 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clem, yes, 22nd it was. I am correct in thinking that you were wondering if the 21st would be the last date? Given the medical was on the 22nd, technically it becomes a year and a day then (unless I had my medical on the 23rd and I forgot!)
No I was wondering if you landed on the anniversary, as the article stated that the exception could only happen if you were within that alloted time, I was just trying to clarify the information for other readers just in case someone else has a similar problem.

Congratulations again on your landing.

Clematis
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh
Thank goodness it managed to happen for you....a few sleepless nights though......have a drink and congratulations on now having that 'landed' feeling
lol
Stef

All landed, no problems

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

All landed, no problems

Fantastic news, good luck with everything, keep us posted
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Well done sea_sider! Hope all goes smoothly for you.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations on landing.

Ray
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:16 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

All landed, no problems

Congratulations Now that will be one landing experience you will never forget! Good luck with sorting the big move out!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point

Really glad you made it in time! What a worry it must have been. Congratulations
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

All landed, no problems

Well done, I really am very pleased for you. Positive thinking and action and all that.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Phew - congratulations on finally making it! Good luck with the move.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

All landed, no problems

Yeh!!!!
lns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.