Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problem! Volcanic ash and landing in time!

Problem! Volcanic ash and landing in time!

Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem! Volcanic ash and landing in time!

Originally Posted by voyce100
We are due to fly out on May 4th to land. We need to have landed by May 23 to keep the visa. We asked CIC what happens if things are not back to normal and we cannot get to Canada by our deadline. Here is their reply: We regret that there is no facility to extend visa validity as this is strictly tied to medical validity.

We can only offer the option of new medical examinations.

If you wish to undergo new medical examinations, please return the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document(s), provide new passport photos and a bank draft for CAD $30 for each visa that requires re-issuance.

We will then send out new medical form(s). Upon receipt and review of the new medical results, we will re-request submission of passport for re-issuance of visa.
I know its not perfect but at least that is an option for all those stuck here waiting to Land, wish you all luck that the flights are safe and back on again soon
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Lord Adonis has just said that due to the 'dramatic fall in Ash' planes may be able to fly again out of the UK tomorrow (tuesday)

JET
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

sea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nicesea_sider is just really nice

Hi all,

I've had the same response via email, then was also told on the phone that I would need to prove that my flight was booked and not rescheduled in time, which is fair enough.

I then had a second email response:

"Please await further information before submitting the requested items if flight is not possible.

This may well be the only way forward, but in view of the number of people in your position, we have now been advised to await further instruction. When this has been provided, we will be in touch."

BBC have said that the situation in England might be improving, but at least CIC are listening.

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Sounds hopeful. Let us know how you get on. Best wishes.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

I'm very pleased they are listening and would have been very disappointed had they not. This is an unprecedented situation and is worthy of unprecendented action. I continue to pass good thoughts to the OP and anyone else in this predicament.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Good luck to you with getting landed.
My friend is really worried that all the bananas are going to run out!!!???
I think I'll be looking at the bigger picture and keeping my fingers crossed for you all.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:48 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

well I'm hoping common sense prevails at cic.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:53 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laser558
This is an unprecedented situation and is worthy of unprecendented action..
Not quite:
Unprecedented = without previous instance; never before known or experienced.

Volcanoes have been erupting since the beginning of time and will continue to do so, as has the wind been less than predictable.

Volcanic ash is impossible to see on weather radar, so an aircraft cannot avoid it. Aircraft have encountered such circumstances before, some with more dire consequences than others.

Last edited by Aviator; Apr 20th 2010 at 2:55 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Volcanic ash is impossible to see on weather radar, so an aircraft cannot avoid it. Aircraft have encountered such circumstances before, some with more dire consequences than others.
If you don't think it's unprecedented, perhaps you can name one previous instance where thousands of aircraft have been grounded for days because of one volcano a thousand miles away?

Perhaps such a situation has happened before, but I'm not aware of one.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkG
If you don't think it's unprecedented, perhaps you can name one previous instance where thousands of aircraft have been grounded for days because of one volcano a thousand miles away?

Perhaps such a situation has happened before, but I'm not aware of one.
Thank you Mark, that is what I meant. I'm sorry if you mis-understood Aviator.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Happened to me a few years ago. Flights from the Caribbean were delayed for a few days when the volcano on Monserrat erupted and airports were closed. I just got back to the UK in time to start my new job!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if any of those trying to land have managed to fly out today,

BA are telling people with booked flights that those operating will go ahead from this AM hope some manage to land ok

They are clearing the backlog of missed flights as and when they can fit them in just got to get all there staff and planes back from around the world
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Any news from sea_sider? Did he manage to get away in time I wonder.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

Looks like he'll be ok anyway according to this he'll get an extension....

http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2010/...ed-immigrants/
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:09 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northernlass1
Looks like he'll be ok anyway according to this he'll get an extension....

http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2010/...ed-immigrants/
No he won't be as his medical anniversary is today, it is great news for others though. Whilst I have every sympathy for the OP, in my opinion it shows why you should not leave it until the last minute to activate your PR.

There are too many things that could go wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.