Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problem with sponsorhip supporting documents

Problem with sponsorhip supporting documents

Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

theDIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with sponsorhip supporting documents

Hi,

My wife is going to be sponsoring me to move to Canada. We currently both live in the UK. One of the pieces of documentation requested is a letter from her employer, stating her salary, hours of work, and length of employment with them. However, her employer is not willing to issue a letter like this (dont ask...). Is there anything else we can submit with the application instead? We thought of maybe just including some recent pay cheques, and a copy of her contract.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Any advice appreciated!

thanks
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:20 pm
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Problem with sponsorhip supporting documents

Originally Posted by theDIV
Hi,

My wife is going to be sponsoring me to move to Canada. We currently both live in the UK. One of the pieces of documentation requested is a letter from her employer, stating her salary, hours of work, and length of employment with them. However, her employer is not willing to issue a letter like this (dont ask...). Is there anything else we can submit with the application instead? We thought of maybe just including some recent pay cheques, and a copy of her contract.

Any advice appreciated!

thanks
I had this problem because my wife was living abroad and therefore we had to prove that she was quitting her job to re-establish herself.
It does state though that you may not need this documentation if it is just you and your wife and unless you got kids they will not be too strict.
I would suggest to you to provide as many payslips as you can and also write an explaination of why you cannot provide that letter.

We did prove that i had money in the bank and we sent off her payslips but there was not much else we could provide.

Last edited by Lees147; Aug 25th 2006 at 12:35 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have thought it wasn't critical since there are plenty of people like me who have sponsored with no employer at all. Just get what you can, I'm sure it'll be fine

Hi,

Any advice appreciated!

thanks
Old Aug 26th 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Hi,

Any advice appreciated!

thanks
I`m pretty sure that`s all they will need . We didn`t get any letters made up but we did give 6 months payslips and a copy of her contract of employment .
It does amount to a lot of excess paperwork but if in doubt , send it it anyway !

Best regards
Phil
Old Aug 28th 2006, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

theDIV is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Guys,

Sounds like it might be OK. My wife works part time, and we do have 2 kids. We'll send off what we can though and hope for the best!