Wikiposts

Problem at port of entry

Old Jun 14th 2002, 4:20 am
Amir

Default Problem at port of entry

HI!

I have lived in Canada for 5 years on ER, which I easily renewed every year. I am
going to apply for PR in Buffalo.Is it possible that after my application would be on
"the system", I would have problems when I try to enter Canada? I have never been in
any violation of the immigration act.Do you think I should remain in the country the
whole year and not taking a chance? I was thinking about a horrible scenario where I
go for an interview in
L.A/Detroit/N.Y/Seattle ,and when I arrive at Pearson, the prevent my entrance.Is it
possible merely on that Dual intent ground?

Old Jun 14th 2002, 12:21 pm
Webimmigration.

Default Re: Problem at port of entry

Hi:

If you have a valid ER and passport, you should have no problems exiting Canada for
an interview and being allowed to re-enter.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"Amir" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > HI!
    >
    > I have lived in Canada for 5 years on ER, which I easily renewed every
year.
    > I am going to apply for PR in Buffalo.Is it possible that after my application
    > would be on "the system", I would have problems when I try to enter Canada? I have
    > never been in any violation of the immigration act.Do you think I should remain in
    > the country the whole year and not taking a chance? I was thinking about a horrible
    > scenario where I go for an interview in
    > L.A/Detroit/N.Y/Seattle ,and when I arrive at Pearson, the prevent my entrance.Is
    > it possible merely on that Dual intent ground?

Old Jun 14th 2002, 2:20 pm
S

Default Re: Problem at port of entry

What is ER? You mean EA?

Thanks, S

"Amir" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > HI!
    >
    > I have lived in Canada for 5 years on ER, which I easily renewed every
year.
    > I am going to apply for PR in Buffalo.Is it possible that after my application
    > would be on "the system", I would have problems when I try to enter Canada? I have
    > never been in any violation of the immigration act.Do you think I should remain in
    > the country the whole year and not taking a chance? I was thinking about a horrible
    > scenario where I go for an interview in
    > L.A/Detroit/N.Y/Seattle ,and when I arrive at Pearson, the prevent my entrance.Is
    > it possible merely on that Dual intent ground?