Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Problem with date of birth - Experts..help!

Problem with date of birth - Experts..help!

Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with date of birth - Experts..help!

I have just found my original Canadian Immigration Identification Record from 1978 and on it my date of birth is wrong. Will this be a problem with my sponsorship case as all of my other documents have the correct date on them? So far it has taken 70 days in Mississauga. Ironically, E-CAS now works when I put in the wrong date of birth. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:00 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with date of birth - Experts..help!

Originally Posted by ijstewart
I have just found my original Canadian Immigration Identification Record from 1978 and on it my date of birth is wrong. Will this be a problem with my sponsorship case as all of my other documents have the correct date on them? So far it has taken 70 days in Mississauga. Ironically, E-CAS now works when I put in the wrong date of birth. Any help would be appreciated.
I dont think there should be any troubles. Once you receive the visa, if you find that the DOB is wrong on the COPR, then you can get that corrected at the Port of Entry!!
Relax for the moment!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

ijstewart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem with date of birth - Experts..help!

Thank you for your reply, I was worried in case it was delaying my sponsorship application since my dates of birth don't match. My Citizenship records are all OK. We will try to "chill" for the time being. Cheers!!

Originally Posted by amancharan
I dont think there should be any troubles. Once you receive the visa, if you find that the DOB is wrong on the COPR, then you can get that corrected at the Port of Entry!!
Relax for the moment!!!!