probably a daft question but.....

Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default probably a daft question but.....

If your put an application in under the Skilled workers permit (we qualify) but in the meantime whilst visiting etc, get a job offer, what happens then, do you still carry on with the skilled workers route, or do you restart application, or can you amend your original application or am I being just dumb?.... it wouldnt surprise me honest, my heads done in
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: probably a daft question but.....

ifyou have already applied as skilled worker and then get job and WP you can get your PR fast tracked.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:06 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

if you get a job offer with a pnp then it will be fast tracked through that province and your 'old skilled worker' application will in effect be scraped and a new application is in process but with less info needed......federal goverment accept that province has done it's homework on you, to offer you a job in the first place, so less of a federal matter......hope that helps and good luck with the job hunting......
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Thank you both of you for clarifying that up for me It really is a minefield isnt it.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:20 pm

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6mathers
Thank you both of you for clarifying that up for me It really is a minefield isnt it.

step at a time.....small ones, then the big leap of faith.....get together ALL relivant paperwork, as much as possible in advance, even stuff that you might think daft.....i'm just getting together paperwork from when i was a child and under social services care, from 36 years ago; probably not needed but info about me non-the-less......check that your passport has at least 10 years on it, police checks (even new ones are valid for 6months, so get them now; you might need to redo it again but hey, you've got it), check old bank books, check pension.....check, check and re-check everything.....and keep asking daft questions 'cos they are important to you, right? xxx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep you are right, we are really only taking tentative steps at the moment. Just renewing passports etc. checking bank statements and the like. Checking funds, houses, jobs, watching housing market over here..... yep the list goes on, it really is almost obsessive, its an our minds all the time. We laugh, everytime, we switch on the telly, the C (canada) word is there, we learn of more people we know who are in Canada, now its on our minds, Canada is everywhere where Im sure Ive never even seen it before ha
See Im prattling on again now!!! Anyway, were coming over to BC for 3 weeks next year on a recce mission, ha ha, with our 4 kids in tow in a Motorhome. Yep I think it may be slightly mad but hey ho
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:06 pm

oh.....you'll love bc. it's where we're moving to; vancouver......

a word of advice if you don't already know.....motorhome is a great way to do a recce, especially with kids but most places to stay, motorhome parks, aren't open until may-ish....more so over in alberta......we did several recce's, kids and no kid's and stayed in b and b's....great way to meet 'canadian's' and i can highly reccommend www.bbcanada.com and in particular..... Mountain Bed & Breakfast 001 (604) 987-2725. run by stefka and is on the north shore in braemar......great views from his kitchen and all the rooms are suites; very reasonabl prices and is fab......we've stayed with them as a family and on business....the breakfasts are to die for; you don't need lunch!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
oh.....you'll love bc. it's where we're moving to; vancouver......

a word of advice if you don't already know.....motorhome is a great way to do a recce, especially with kids but most places to stay, motorhome parks, aren't open until may-ish....more so over in alberta......we did several recce's, kids and no kid's and stayed in b and b's....great way to meet 'canadian's' and i can highly reccommend www.bbcanada.com and in particular..... Mountain Bed & Breakfast 001 (604) 987-2725. run by stefka and is on the north shore in braemar......great views from his kitchen and all the rooms are suites; very reasonabl prices and is fab......we've stayed with them as a family and on business....the breakfasts are to die for; you don't need lunch!!

Wow that sounds fantastic. We aren't coming over until July so the parks will be open. Although there are so many parks, its a job in itself trying to find ones that are near to towns etc, but still feels like a holiday for the kids.. They would kill us if we did the first trip alone.... Thanks for your help I will make a note of the Mountain Bed & Breakfast,