pregnant wife

Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

imoutofhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pregnant wife

Hi all, My wife and myself have applied to immigration Canada for permanent residency through the skilled worker route... My wife is pregnant and due in September. Does anyone know how this will affect our application. We have posted a letter telling them along with our application... Just checking to see if anyone has been through this and what happens.... Do we have to add the baby when he/she is born ? Thanks.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:35 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pregnant wife

Congratulations...

If you get here before the happy event, then there are no problems (immigration wise)

If the snapper arrives before PR, then you need to add it to your application. Obviously police records etc dont apply, but you will need to get a medical and it may cause a slight delay. You are not the first to go through this, so a search should throw up lots of usefull info on what is required.

Good Luck.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Similar situation here, wife due in August. I expect document requests by the end of the year. Do we tell them now (or August when baby is born), or wait for doc requests?
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

cousinsandra is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a baby during the PR application - we had sent off the original docs before I was pregnant and only notified them of it when we got the 90 day letter. I then sent a copy of his passport and the $150 fee for his application. That seemed to be fine by them.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Clarey73 is on a distinguished road

I have had 2 children within the time of applying and its just been a case of waiting until the little one arrives then sending off all his/her details ie passport and photos, plus $150 to add them to the application.
My second son was born only 3 months ago, 3 days after we had our medical requests, we were given an extension to get all his documents together and wait for a medical form for him too. It wasnt a problem just delayed things by a couple of months.
Good luck to your wife and the safe arrival of your baby
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

imoutofhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for all the info...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:16 am
Just Joined

sapguru is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a situation where I have received request for passport and we are expecting baby in Oct. I could move to Canada before the baby the born so that we could avoid complication of filing new application or delay our existing application. But I have read that it take 3 months to avail the medical benefits if you are permanent resident. In addition, as I am reading the forum, I find that after landing it take few weeks to get the PR. So in my situation, we may not be able to avail medical benefits for baby delivery. I could be wrong in my assumptions. Any feedback or recommendation is highly appreciated!