pregnant while appying for PR

Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice
Default Re: pregnant while appying for PR

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
not sue about provincial health coverage bit
So when you see the doctor, who pays? Or Ontario its OHIP so in our case when our TWP ran out so did our OHIP.

Given you are not going to be doing your xray now until August? Are you confident that the CIC will finish processing your PR in 3 months? If the answer is no, prepare to renew your TWP but be aware the Processing times are currently 80+ days.

If your province is nothing like Ontario and your provincial health coverage has nothing to do with your TWP or PR status you are all good.

As for the quote earlier re getting insurance, always found that hard for guaranteed outcomes. (ie asking for health coverage for having a baby)
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

is renewing the TWP a long process ?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice

is renewing the TWP a long process ?
Did you even read the post above?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

oop's
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

I think is anywhere between 3 and 7 grand for natural birth ( depending on which room you choose and how long you stay @ the Hospital ).
This cost could be covered if you have health benefits at work ( partially or entirely) or through your Provincial -run Health plan , if you have one .
Otherwise ... ouch ... it will be a hefty bill you gotta pay .
Again , my 2 cents right here... go ahead with X-rays and everything
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Quarte_2005
go ahead with X-rays and everything
Whilst Pregnant? You are kidding right?
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Some do the Xray after the first trimester but many don't. If you are concerned you should avoid skiing too.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

we will wait on the xray, i have been in contact with my health insurance through work, they say its covered 100% only problem is, what happends if the bill is going to be to much for us to pay upfront, yes i know we will get it back, but we still have to find that amount of money
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:21 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

we will wait on the xray, i have been in contact with my health insurance through work, they say its covered 100% only problem is, what happends if the bill is going to be to much for us to pay upfront, yes i know we will get it back, but we still have to find that amount of money
I am a little confused?

From what I can see you will not have to pay anything or seek coverage from your private medical insurer for the birth

Your temp work permit is valid until next Oct, baby is due July next year, unless baby is going to be 3 mths late cant see any issues.

You are covered under NS MSI health programme providing you have a valid work permit as per attached link

http://www.gov.ns.ca/health/msi/eligibility.asp

The poss issue you have is after the birth and timiing the work permit validity with gaining PR and to be safe it looks like you may have to obtain a new work permit (with this you can renew your MSI health card)

Also, bear in mind you may not need new LMO if you have been nominated by NS as a province under the PNP programme, you will need a letter of support from them supporting your application for a WP, do a search for wbexpat posts and amydavid for obtaining a WP.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by XCMTBer
Whilst Pregnant? You are kidding right?
not at all
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

nichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud of

Nothing new to add here other than other than my own experience.

My wife & I are in Vancouver on TWP, which expires in March 2011. We applied for BC PNP, then learnt my wife was pregnant before the PNP approval came through. We checked with our PNP coordinator, who advised us that it wouldn't be a problem, we just continue with the application and do as much as possible except the medicals. We'll do this after the baby is born.

Although we have plenty of time to complete all this before the TWP expires, our PNP coordinator said they'd be happy to give us an extension letter if the situation was different.

Good luck!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

many thanks for all that, do you think maybe i should contact the immigration people and explain whats happening, or just leave it until we receive our medical request's, one other question, on average does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact us after receiving our package in london, we know its there, but do we get any kind of confirmation they have received it etc
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 1:02 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks for all that, do you think maybe i should contact the immigration people and explain whats happening, or just leave it until we receive our medical request's, one other question, on average does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact us after receiving our package in london, we know its there, but do we get any kind of confirmation they have received it etc
for NS PNP, when we sent it off to London we didnt hear anything from them at all until we received med requests which was 5 weeks after submitting the application. Dont worry if you dont get any acknowledgement from them. Also they didnt cash the bankers draft for about 4/5 weeks either

good luck
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you