Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:49 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 251
weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Question Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Hey Guys

Can anyone please help me with the following questions.

1. I started the emigration process in January 2004, and my wife and I would like to try for another child but have been advised by out Imigration Lawyer this would severlly hold up the imigration process which seems to be taking long enough with out any more interuptions and were also both in our early 30's with a 8 year old already so time really isn't on our side.
My question is, if she does fall pregnant before we here anything back from the CIC in London, how much really would this hold up the imigration process?

2. My second question is regarding time scales. I have read alot of threads on here regarding the length of imigration times which obviously vary from applicant - applicant but can anyone give me a ROUGH idea how long it takes to hear anything back from the CIC in London for your average Jo who is emigrating under the skilled worker catagory form the UK to Ontario.
Also, when we do hear anything, will it just be a piece of paper saying about Interviews/medicals etc, and then is it another long wait again?
(Started in Jan 2004, still waiting, when you check online just keeps saying "in process" )

Thanks for your help.
weener is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:11 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 50
waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Hi, I regreted for not having another child while waiting for my application to be approved. I applied May, 2001 but until now, still no schedule of interview. I should have 3 year old child now. My only son is already 10 year old and always asking for a brother or a sister but it's too late because I am already 41 year old. So, if I were you, do not waste your time, go ahead for another child.

waitingforsolong


Originally Posted by weener
Hey Guys

Can anyone please help me with the following questions.

1. I started the emigration process in January 2004, and my wife and I would like to try for another child but have been advised by out Imigration Lawyer this would severlly hold up the imigration process which seems to be taking long enough with out any more interuptions and were also both in our early 30's with a 8 year old already so time really isn't on our side.
My question is, if she does fall pregnant before we here anything back from the CIC in London, how much really would this hold up the imigration process?

2. My second question is regarding time scales. I have read alot of threads on here regarding the length of imigration times which obviously vary from applicant - applicant but can anyone give me a ROUGH idea how long it takes to hear anything back from the CIC in London for your average Jo who is emigrating under the skilled worker catagory form the UK to Ontario.
Also, when we do hear anything, will it just be a piece of paper saying about Interviews/medicals etc, and then is it another long wait again?
(Started in Jan 2004, still waiting, when you check online just keeps saying "in process" )

Thanks for your help.
waitingforsolong is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:19 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 97
bold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Hi,
I had been in the same situation a few months ago. Now I am in Canada with my wife and we wanna have a baby.

If i were you, i would wait a couple of months at least after medicals or initial assessments. After that you can feel a little bit safe to start having a baby. I understand that you guys are early 30s but waiting is best option to successfully immigrate to Canada in your situation.

Also, talk to you a doctor

Thanks
bold is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 1:31 am
  #4  
the-smiths
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

I think bold might have hit the nail on the head there, it might be a wise move move, to wait till after medical, before you go ahead with the plan to have a child.

You don't want to have to wait another year, on top of what you have now, just because some nincompoop at CHC decides that by you having a child after your application had already been in process, they are going to need more docs that will take ages to go through again.

My heart goes out to the other poster that couldn't have another baby, just because of the wait. I think if only these people realise what they are doing to people's lives, they might be a bit more considerate, and become more efficient.

The decision is down to you, "at the end of the day". ( Another british cliche' that won't go away from me eh ! ) ...LOL
 
Old Nov 30th 2004, 3:28 am
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: England
Posts: 9
zambrotta is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Originally Posted by weener
Hey Guys

Can anyone please help me with the following questions.

1. I started the emigration process in January 2004, and my wife and I would like to try for another child but have been advised by out Imigration Lawyer this would severlly hold up the imigration process which seems to be taking long enough with out any more interuptions and were also both in our early 30's with a 8 year old already so time really isn't on our side.
My question is, if she does fall pregnant before we here anything back from the CIC in London, how much really would this hold up the imigration process?

2. My second question is regarding time scales. I have read alot of threads on here regarding the length of imigration times which obviously vary from applicant - applicant but can anyone give me a ROUGH idea how long it takes to hear anything back from the CIC in London for your average Jo who is emigrating under the skilled worker catagory form the UK to Ontario.
Also, when we do hear anything, will it just be a piece of paper saying about Interviews/medicals etc, and then is it another long wait again?
(Started in Jan 2004, still waiting, when you check online just keeps saying "in process" )

Thanks for your help.
Hi There!

Your mail was very interesting as your situation is extremely similar to ours - we are in our early 30's with a 3 year old daughter and we are ready to add to the clan. However, we submitted our application in May 2004 and would not want to prolong the process any further than it already will be.

However, as none of us know how long the process will take in the first place, you do go through stages where you think 'Sod it we'll just get on with our life', but then a split second after that thought, Canada pops in there and you hold yourself back yet again.

It's a tough one. However, if the only hold up with pregnancy is that the medical could not be completed, would it be possible for us women to have our medical now and send the results to the CIC and then try for a baby when given the all clear from the doctor? It's probably not that simple, but if anyone can comment on whether that is possible, it may help both of our families and hundreds more out there in the same boat.

Maybe that's naive, but I cannot see any other reason for a hold up through pregnancy - a new born baby won't have a criminal record or any previous shady past! There would be no further paperwork to submit if you were still pregnant when actually landing in Canada, but if baby was born before landing, just the birth certificate would be required surely.

Who knows!?
Deb
zambrotta is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 3:28 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 251
weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
Hi, I regreted for not having another child while waiting for my application to be approved. I applied May, 2001 but until now, still no schedule of interview. I should have 3 year old child now. My only son is already 10 year old and always asking for a brother or a sister but it's too late because I am already 41 year old. So, if I were you, do not waste your time, go ahead for another child.

waitingforsolong
Hi and thanks for your reply. You say you started in May 2001 and haven't heard back yet??? Not even for a interview?? Does this mean I have 2 more years to wait considering my application was only recieved my the CIC in January of this year :scared:
weener is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 4:24 am
  #7  
keep checking....
 
mhhp's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: was Switzerland/Germany now BC Canada
Posts: 1,440
mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

I agree with the medical issue. It is just too risky to have an X-Ray when pregnant. So the real quesion is are you willing to wait with the medical until after the baby is born or to ait with the baby until after the medical.
mhhp is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:08 am
  #8  
the-smiths
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

This is one big decision the poster will have to make personally, regarding having the baby. The main problem here, is not knowing how far your application is in the pool.

Whatever decision you make, we wish you the best of luck . Keep us posted !
 
Old Nov 30th 2004, 6:44 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 251
weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Originally Posted by the-smiths
This is one big decision the poster will have to make personally, regarding having the baby. The main problem here, is not knowing how far your application is in the pool.

Whatever decision you make, we wish you the best of luck . Keep us posted !

Yeah this is a tough choice, and it would be made ALOT easier knowing how far down the line we are. If I was to hear back within the first half of next hear I would be glad to wait, but if were talking about 2006 here, then I would probably try early next year.......It kinda sucks not knowing
weener is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:09 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 50
waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just open my pc now because i was so busy with my new job. You know, I am from the Philippines. I am not sure how fast is your processing there. When I applied last 2001 I never thought that it will takes so many years to wait considering I complied everything, sent all original documents. I waited every everyday, every week and every month until it reaches almost four years now. Waiting that long is very agonizing on my part specially now that the RASOLZADEH is coming. I cannot wait another four years again. If I only knew that the result is the rasolzadeh, I should not hold my pregnancy. I'm afraid to have another child now because of my age. It's already risky to have one. These I regreted the most.

waitingforsolong

Originally Posted by weener
Hi and thanks for your reply. You say you started in May 2001 and haven't heard back yet??? Not even for a interview?? Does this mean I have 2 more years to wait considering my application was only recieved my the CIC in January of this year :scared:
waitingforsolong is offline  
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:27 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 42
whyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy during Imigration Process

Your application started in Jan 2004 so there's a good chance that you'll have the kid before the application is finished... I'd suggest u go ahead with your plans and when u have the child, just do it's medicals and send his/her info to cic... don't put life on hold for the VISA...besides, with the addition i think it's mo more than a couple of months of extra time....

Of course the choice is yours but if i were in your shouls, I'd go ahead....
Originally Posted by weener
Hey Guys

Can anyone please help me with the following questions.

1. I started the emigration process in January 2004, and my wife and I would like to try for another child but have been advised by out Imigration Lawyer this would severlly hold up the imigration process which seems to be taking long enough with out any more interuptions and were also both in our early 30's with a 8 year old already so time really isn't on our side.
My question is, if she does fall pregnant before we here anything back from the CIC in London, how much really would this hold up the imigration process?

2. My second question is regarding time scales. I have read alot of threads on here regarding the length of imigration times which obviously vary from applicant - applicant but can anyone give me a ROUGH idea how long it takes to hear anything back from the CIC in London for your average Jo who is emigrating under the skilled worker catagory form the UK to Ontario.
Also, when we do hear anything, will it just be a piece of paper saying about Interviews/medicals etc, and then is it another long wait again?
(Started in Jan 2004, still waiting, when you check online just keeps saying "in process" )

Thanks for your help.
whyme is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.