PR wanting to sponsor spouse

Old Aug 26th 2015, 11:08 am
Just Joined

CheeseBoard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR wanting to sponsor spouse

My wife has Canadian PR, My IEC expires in a few months.

She wants to move back to Canada. As far as I can tell our only option is for her to move by herself back to Canada to sponsor me from there or we both move with me as a visitor.

Just wondered if there is any other options I've missed.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR wanting to sponsor spouse

Originally Posted by CheeseBoard
My wife has Canadian PR, My IEC expires in a few months.

She wants to move back to Canada. As far as I can tell our only option is for her to move by herself back to Canada to sponsor me from there or we both move with me as a visitor.

Just wondered if there is any other options I've missed.
Why would you be looking at any other way as spousal sponsorship is one of the easiest ways?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Why would you be looking at any other way as spousal sponsorship is one of the easiest ways?
Just because her having to move back to Canada before she can sponsor me is less than ideal.

Also would it be easy for me to get into Canada for a long period of time under a visitors visa?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CheeseBoard
Just because her having to move back to Canada before she can sponsor me is less than ideal.

Also would it be easy for me to get into Canada for a long period of time under a visitors visa?
Well because she is only a PR she would have to come back to Canada to sponsor you. If she is not ready to move back then you would have to look at other options. From the sounds of it you prefer to be in Canada.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just wondering where the bit about your IEC fits in. You had a WP or have one or you're still to activate it? Where are you now? Couldn't work it out!

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 26th 2015 at 1:06 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Hi just wondering where the bit about your IEC fits in. You had a WP or have one or you're still to activate it? Where are you now? Couldn't work it out!

S
Just thought I would mention the IEC it in case it was helpful. Ended up with 3 years of IEC (one 12 month and one 24 month) which expires sometime in November, so not eligible for another (UK citizen)

Thinking at the minute we will move over in 18 months if not a little sooner and apply for PR will be nice to take a 12+ month break from working while it gets processed. )
Old Aug 26th 2015, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in the meantime, you could do a bit of research into the two sponsorship routes: Inland or Outland and the pros and cons. Note that you can do an "Outland" application even if you are both located in Canada. There is a lot of very comprehensive information in the Wiki attached to this site.

Thinking about your wife's PR and her residency obligation: is she all on track to meet the requirements? (you mention coming to Canada in 18 months).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 26th 2015 at 1:36 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Well, in the meantime, you could do a bit of research into the two sponsorship routes: Inland or Outland and the pros and cons. Note that you can do an "Outland" application even if you are both located in Canada. There is a lot of very comprehensive information in the Wiki attached to this site.

Thinking about your wife's PR and her residency obligation: is she all on track to meet the requirements? (you mention coming to Canada in 18 months).

S
I'm not quite sure, we lived in Canada for 8 months after she got her PR and we have been out of Canada for a little over 12 months. We believe as long as she enters in the next 23 months and doesn't leave she should meet the 2 in 5 year requirement?

Is it as simple as that? When ever I think something seems simple with immigration it usually means I've missed something