PR Visas Arrived - Yeessssss

Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default PR Visas Arrived - Yeessssss

Got back from work and they were there, sitting there, in the brown envelope! So happy.

We arrived in Canada, B.C. back in June 2006 on a TWP, and I can tell you the last two years have not been plain sailing, particularly as I was tied to a company which was going nowhere fast but down. So in January this year I was given the option by the previous owner (despite it going down) to buy it or go back to the UK.

I knew that if we went back we simply could not afford to come back - we'd never have enough for moving costs/proof of funds etc. - once our PR application was finally processed. So I bought the company and worked my back-side off to turn it around, so that it wasn't loosing each month, but making enough so that myself and my family could remain in Canada (it's not the type of company to make millions, alas!). The company is still on shakey ground, mainly due to the credit crunch, but having the PR visas means that if the worst came to the worst and I had to close it, at least I'm not tied to it anymore and have to take my family back because of it collapsing. That, in itself, is such a relief!! Although, I'll carry on for now with the company and see if I can make anything of it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my happiness with all on the forum and thank everyone for their advice/suggestions. I'm off for well deserved drink...
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:44 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Visas Arrived - Yeessssss

good job you - all the best to you and your family, bet you'll get your first good nights sleep in years lol!

Mrs M x
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:14 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Congratulations Kiton

Well done and I wish you every luck for the future.

K
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiton6
Got back from work and they were there, sitting there, in the brown envelope! So happy.

We arrived in Canada, B.C. back in June 2006 on a TWP, and I can tell you the last two years have not been plain sailing, particularly as I was tied to a company which was going nowhere fast but down. So in January this year I was given the option by the previous owner (despite it going down) to buy it or go back to the UK.

I knew that if we went back we simply could not afford to come back - we'd never have enough for moving costs/proof of funds etc. - once our PR application was finally processed. So I bought the company and worked my back-side off to turn it around, so that it wasn't loosing each month, but making enough so that myself and my family could remain in Canada (it's not the type of company to make millions, alas!). The company is still on shakey ground, mainly due to the credit crunch, but having the PR visas means that if the worst came to the worst and I had to close it, at least I'm not tied to it anymore and have to take my family back because of it collapsing. That, in itself, is such a relief!! Although, I'll carry on for now with the company and see if I can make anything of it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my happiness with all on the forum and thank everyone for their advice/suggestions. I'm off for well deserved drink...
Congratulations on getting your PR read your story with admiration that was a very brave thing to do invest in a company that was going down i really hope it works out for you all celebrations this weekend boss
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Congrats and you have shown that you ca nhold it and you are a good fighter.

good luck with the rest...
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Wow ....that's fantastic news ... sounds like your sheer determination and hard work have paid off!

A well deserved 3 drinks I think ...or 4 .....or 5 ....
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all your comments above.

Woke up this morning, with a bit of a sore head!! Slept very well mind you.

Anyway, I'll have a relaxed Friday, but I'll certainly enjoy this weekend!!

Thanks again.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:33 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Jolly well done, kiton6. What you did took lots of guts and even more hard work. I really take my hat off to you.
x
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:40 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations and all the best to you and your family for the future.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for all and above...we landed today in Victoria, so really happy and looking forward to the future!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for all and above...we landed today in Victoria, so really happy and looking forward to the future!
all the best Kiton and family