Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR visa through CSQ but may have to live outside of Quebec

Wikiposts

PR visa through CSQ but may have to live outside of Quebec

Old Jul 4th 2010, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

liverpool123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR visa through CSQ but may have to live outside of Quebec

My family and I have a PR visa obtained via the Quebec CSQ. I have been living with my family in Montreal for the past month after having arrived as landed immigrants in June. However, we have gone through a period of matrimonial difficulties, not helped by the move. Just over a week ago my wife left me with my daughter and went to stay with a friend in Toronto.

I am planning to give all my effort to reconciliation but my wife doesn’t want to go back to Montreal and insists that she wants to stay in Toronto. This means I would need to move to Toronto to give things a chance.

I am prepared to do whatever is necessary at this stage but am concerned as we were Quebec selected. If we do salvage things and plan to continue to live in Canada, I understand it we need to continue living in Quebec in order to be eligible for citizenship at a later date.

I would greatly appreciate guidance here. My wife is planning to register our daughter at a Toronto school at the end of next month. For the meantime I am unemployed in Montreal hanging on here but with my life on hold I am not in a situation to get settled where I am.

I’d be very grateful for your help
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR visa through CSQ but may have to live outside of Quebec

Go ahead and move to Toronto. It is OK to do so having tried to settle in Quebec.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

comment_vous_allez is an unknown quantity at this point

it may be good to consult MICC if it's alright to move out of Quebec. based on my research, there were a number of Quebec-Selected Immigrants who moved out of Quebec.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comment_vous_allez
it may be good to consult MICC if it's alright to move out of Quebec
That is well meaning but bad advice.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
That is well meaning but bad advice.

come on... how do you know it's a bad advice?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comment_vous_allez
how do you know it's a bad advice?
Because the MICC doesn't do "consultancy" ... if you want advice find a lawyer!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Because the MICC doesn't do "consultancy" ... if you want advice find a lawyer!
you should widen your research horizon, mate... disappointing!