PR Visa - stupid question

Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:04 pm
Austin TX

astor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Visa - stupid question

I think you are in Newfoundland right?How about going to St.Pierre..it is close?
Saint Pierre and Miquelon (The Territorial Collectivity French)

Last edited by astor; Apr 26th 2009 at 3:07 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by astor
I think you are in Newfoundland right?How about going to St.Pierre..it is close?
No, we are in Lake Louise, Alberta! If we were in Newfoundland, we could go to St. Pierre. I will call the number again tomorrow and see if I can get more information from that. Hopefully we can just go to Calgary and have it done quickly.
Thanks to all who answered!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by astor
No, we are in Lake Louise, Alberta! If we were in Newfoundland, we could go to St. Pierre. I will call the number again tomorrow and see if I can get more information from that. Hopefully we can just go to Calgary and have it done quickly.
Thanks to all who answered!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
That is a provincial government office, not a CIC office.
my confusion?? for NS you can land at the PNP office thought it was the same elsewhwere? thought offices that dealt with PNP were immigration offices?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chumley
my confusion?? for NS you can land at the PNP office thought it was the same elsewhwere? thought offices that dealt with PNP were immigration offices?
They are provincial Immigration offices but they don't belong to CIC. I guess it's similar to Quebec where you have the BIQ/MICC which is an independent immigration service handling Quebec selection. But final admission has to be made by CIC not by provincial immigration offices. At least that's how I understand the rules.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiton6
When you call that number and it's on the automated section, press "0", and you'll get to talk to someone. They can then book you an appointment at your nearest CIC office, and you'll be able to "land" without having to cross the border.
Good luck with actually getting to talk to someone! When I hit "0", it says all the agents are busy and to try calling later. Frustrating!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
They are provincial Immigration offices but they don't belong to CIC. I guess it's similar to Quebec where you have the BIQ/MICC which is an independent immigration service handling Quebec selection. But final admission has to be made by CIC not by provincial immigration offices. At least that's how I understand the rules.

you can definiitlry do the final landing at the PNP office in Halifax eg provincial immigration office

no help to OP but might hlep others
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by chumley
you can definiitlry do the final landing at the PNP office in Halifax eg provincial immigration office

no help to OP but might hlep others
Unless the PNP office is in the same building as CIC, you CANT "land" at a PNP office, they are a provincial organization, CIC is Federal. The Federal CIC is the one who processes Immigration.